Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Stephen's way or the highway


I love him, oh I do, but sometimes, is he really such an idiot? Bless his heart.....
Did you know that there is a right and a wrong way on how to mow a lawn? My way is the wrong way.
Did you know that there is a right and a wrong way to load a dishwasher? My way is also wrong on that one too. Who does the dishes? I do, but I load the dishwasher wrong. The bowls gotta go on top I guess, even though we go through way more sippy cups and those need to be on top, and if the bowls are up there then there isn't enough room for the sippys, well, in my book anyway. But obviously I've been doing it wrong.
Did you know that you have a to add dryer sheet in with your laundry and it helps keep static at bay? Man, imagine. (read sarcasm) Oh, and I shrink laundry too, but only Stephen's and only if he's been wearing it for years and it's been washed a thousand times, I shrunk it, it was me. (insert sarcasm again)
Did you know that there is a right and a wrong way to iron a shirt? Yep, right again, even if it gets ironed, my way is the wrong one.
Did you know that there is a right and a wrong way to load paper into a printer? Geez, that's weird.
Imagine all these things that I've been doing wrong for YEARS! Weird, how it all still got done though huh? And you see all those straight lawns on that freshly mowed lawn? I did that, and the grass is shorter too because it got mowed!!! But obviously it got mowed the wrong way. Bless his heart the idiot. :)

14 comments:

Deborama said...

your naughty throwing the "I" word around like that! Um we just went through the bowls on the top disagreement, trying to train our kids to do dishes. When Scott is home they put them on top and when he is not they go on bottom. :) Ann obviously put them on top, when did the boys do dishes? Tiff did them all! Right Tiff?

Alisha Wilkins said...

This post was absolutely hilarious! Troy and I have an agreement...if 'I' am doing it, it gets done the way I WANT it too, if he does it I need to keep my mouth shut and let him do it or he won't do it again. There are things that I MAKE sure he does it MY way though ;) Mostly when it comes to the kids...

kbeck said...

at least your kids are absolutely beautiful and you have one AWESOME little boy..if you want to thank him a little for that...you could.

tiff said...

Wow I'm pretty speechless. I did all the dishes so I think maybe he learned that on his mission.... but i also put my bowls on the top too just because my are plastic and they will melt on the bottom... I think you guys need a vacation... Maybe Hawaii???

P.S. Does Steve read your blog?

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

This is hilarious! Doane does this to me, too, and I just say "Do YOU want to do it, or do you want it to get done any time soon?" (with a sweet smile on my face, and a malicious glint in my eye).....

Jana said...

I told Terry about your blog and he said "Well she should mow it the right way." I notice the only other negative comment would be from Kalan. Every one has their way of doing something and of course it's the right way! I watered the lawn the wrong way - got water on the sidewalk. Told him he could do it from now on - lasted about a week. He doesn't say anything about how I water now.

Anonymous said...

Does the lovely, talented, all knowing Stephen read your blog!?

Korbi said...

Yes, everyone, even though Stephen doesn't read my blog, he has read this post. And he said I was mean. I wonder if I was being mean the right way or the wrong way? I also water the lawn wrong.... but I still love him.

melanie said...

You are one funny girl! And even though you do everything wrong, I think it looks great! And the vacation idea isn't so bad either....without ANY extended family, ha ha!!

Cassidy said...

I love this blog!

Kimberley said...

Trent and I can come over and mediate if you need us too:) Oh, and just stop doing everything and see how long Stephen can handle you NOT doing everything the wrong way!

Benjy said...

WOW...Stephen, if you need a place to sleep tonight, give me a call. Minneapolis is only a three hour flight...and I will even let you load the dishwasher becuase Kristen and I both put our bowls on top... :)

PS...I do remember Stepehen and Joel doing dishes...especially after we got busted for egging the entire City of Moses Lake...This was circa 1995-1996.

SAYDA said...

Korbi, you are so funny! Was he a bachelor when you married him. Maybe that's why he was used to doing things a certain way. Funny, funny post.
Sayda

Anonymous said...

This is Chad-

Of COURSE there's a wrong way to load a dishwasher! Any way that is not the right way is the wrong way. There is only 1 right way to do it. And don't even get me started on the lawn mowing. Jakobi insisted on doing ours last night and I could barely contain myself! Sheesh. Women could sure learn a lot from us men. ;)