Thursday, April 17, 2008

I LOVE MY, um, OUR ROOM!





I got to thinking about it the other day about how we really do LIVE in our bedroom. Our room is pretty big, thank heavens we got the vaulted ceilings, and it's a good thing it's big because we live in it. Even though the kids have their own bathroom they bathe in mine, so that while Beck is in the bathtub I can do my make up or my hair, eventually it will be nice to reclaim my bathtub, but for now it works for us.

I also have my scrap/sew/computer desk in my room. I have mentioned before that Stephen has thought about moving it to another room, but he fears that he will never see me again and he also likes that we have TV and he can watch it on the computer from bed. I always swore that I'd never have a TV in my room and Stephen kind of snuck that one in there because I didn't realize that you could watch TV from a computer. But we're turning the TV off here in a bit anyways, or so he says.

Paisley sleeps right up next to our bed beacuse I am too lazy to take 2 steps over to the window where her cradle used to be, now I just roll over and pick her up. The great dark brown rocker is one of my favorite items in our house. It's Stephen's parents that we got after they sold the 1st cabin. It is the one piece of furniture that Stephen's dad has kept around. It is older than Stephen! I love it and it is so comfortable and the best place to nurse and fall asleep in, even if I wake up with a creak in my neck.

My other favorite thing besides my computer, sewing machine, and scrappin stuff that is in my room is my mini fridge. Stephen got it for me for Christmas and I am so in love with it. I put my Mtn Dew in there and a big water bottle because I always have to have my water cold. I also put Beck's sippys or "ju" in there, so I don't have to go downstairs in the middle of the night. (I know, I'm wrapped around his finger) Anyways, as you can tell, we LIVE in this room. We are lazy, but comfy, and I love it and like I mentioned before; It works for us. :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

CUTE ROOM! I love that you live in there :) I wish that our room was vaulted :( I am so sorry that we stalked you with dinner, I just felt really bad that you were sick. Have a great day!