Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So I'm a bit of a nature lover, always worried about animals and trees dying. I tried the vegetarian route as a short stint in the 7th grade- I didn't last more than a few months. I used to raise baby mice after rescuing from the jaws of the family dogs. And pigeon eggs I would hatch them after my cousin had shot all the mamas out in the shop at my grandpa Beck's house. I have inadvertently (ok maybe pretty intentionally) taught my children that everything has feelings and that we need to respect all things; trees, animals, furniture, etc. So now when I feed my kids grapes they are so overwhelmed with feelings for the "baby grapes" that they just cannot eat them. So instead I find them stashed in "safe" places all over my house. Oh my gosh, I love my kids...

No comments: