Thursday, June 5, 2014

I see you staring at me as I hand my kid my phone to play on, so that I can check out my groceries and bag up my now soggy ice cream. I see the condescending looks as the thoughts roll through your brain of how technology driven my generation is and what a handicap it is. I see you stare as I deny the phone to the now begging and whining 6 year old as I try and teach patience and consistency. I see you eye her tantrums and try and cover your scorn and think how you would never let your kids get away with this. Well let me tell you, if I spank her you will call CPS on me and I will get all 4 of my children taken away from me. If I let one of them run and play on the bench by the check out line they will get kidnapped by some crazy person and I will be the headline on MSN for another 3 million people to judge that I let one of them out of my sight. If I yell for them to be quiet and be respectful  you will get uncomfortable. If I leave them all at home with a sitter I have to pay more money an hour than I used to make in a day in the workforce and then I get scoffed at for not introducing my children to the world or heaven forbid putting them in daycare!! I see you scoff as I try to discreetly nurse my baby, but you wince if a mother formula feeds her newborn. So let me tell you, I'm doing the best that I can. I created these beautiful little people for me to watch over and care for and prepare for the world. And I will do my darnedest to creat nonjudgmental human beings, so that you don't have to deal with people like yourself. God bless you and have a beautiful day, bless your heart... 

No comments: