Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dresser set


I got this off of craigslist for $50. A dresser, mirror, full size headboard, night stand, and armoire. I refinished the mirror and put it above my piano and I love it, so my $50 was well spent, since I already had the turquoise paint and dark glaze...2 days of ripping off molding and the backs of some of the pieces and removing traces of mold, ripping the tops off and feeling like a big strong girl and replacing them with better wood that wasn't crumbly and gross, learning how to properly clamp pieces together and even get hit in the face with a clamp or two, 2 coats of primer, 10 cans of Ivory spray paint, some hot pink glaze, contact paper, 5 cans of polyurothane, and about 4 days of work got the rest of the bedroom set (minus the armoire because it won't fit in her room anyways and a close friend is hopefully going to take it on as her project because I don't wanna look at it anymore!) all ready for my niece Hanna's room. I hope that she likes it because I am DONE with it and don't know if I will even take it back! LOL

10 comments:

Ella said...

AHHH KORBI THAT IS SWEET!!!!
GOOD JOB!!!!!!
HANNA WILL LOVE IT!!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!
IT LOOKS AMAZING,GOOD JOB!!

Kelley Gubler said...

wow, you are crafty! i've always thought i'm a pretty handy girl, but i don't think i'd have the patience or endurance for that. looks awesome! you're like one of those girls on Extreme Home Makeover....

twylla said...

It is to time wise for me buit it looks so great Hana will really love it but still what a lot of work

twylla said...

It is to time wise for me buit it looks so great Hana will really love it but still what a lot of work

Alyson said...

THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!! Seriously you did a fantastic job! Wowzers!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Clever girl!

Sommers said...

you are so creative and have an eye for design. GREAT JOB!!!

Victoria Gilbert said...

Sooo cute!!! Very very pretty! I love the dresser... love the green inside! I know the feeling... i've been working on quite a few projects like that around our house, including a dresser for my kids room. Hard work! Great job :)

Shaila Lou said...

You're awesome! I really want to redo my table I did like 4 years ago, but I don't think Matt would let me, but if I do, I'm coming to you for better advise. You seem to know how to do it right! Love all your projects you do, very talented!

Rachel Smith said...

LOVE it!