Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quick trip to Burley

Stephen had some meetings in Salt Lake, so we caught a ride to Burley on Tuesday and came back Saturday really late. We kept busy doing projects, mostly painting and organizing and spent a fun afternoon at lunch with my mom, grandma, sister Britni and me and then later that afternoon and into late at night we spent at an auction in Rupert. My Uncle Al and Grandma Mimi do catering at these auctions and Britni and I decided to drag our kids out there for a bit and ended staying for maybe 4 1/2 hours! We had such fun and it reminded me of when I was little as I watched my kids play in the dirt and eat snowcones...Paisley picked out these little ceramic baby lion cubs at the beginning and I was happy that I was the winning bid at $1! :) LOL She was pretty excited...And Beck was super stoked to win this "Pepsi car" for $4. I thought he wanted this blue typewriter, so I was glad that I won and then I told him all excitedly and he was like "I don't want that..." haha! So then I won the first batch of these model cars and he didn't want those early, so luckily I was also the winning bid on the "Pepsi" car that he DID want! And luckily we had boy cousins that wanted the rest of the cars that I won. :) Grandma Mimi was nice enough to fund this little adventure into the world of auctions... Thanks Mimi!
So it was a quick, project and fun filled trip and we had fun. I do wish that I had taken more pictures!

2 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

SOunds like fun! You are quite the auctioneir...love the dresser you did for Hannah...you are so talented!

Jana said...

Sounds like you had a great time except maybe for the painting, organizing. Hope the kids like their treasures and they don't end up in the garage sale next week. Nothing better than eating snow cones and playing in the dirt. Something they will remember forever!