Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Baby is no longer a baby anymore...




We almost went right by Beck's birthday this year. A lot has happened in our lives lately and our minds have been occupied with other things. But we decided to take Beck bowling for his birthday today after a quick trip to the Spokane hospital to see Jacksen's friend, Kris, who was involved in the accident with him. We invited my sister and her girls and my friend Bethany and her family with little Roman bowling with us. Actually I think that it was all Kortni's idea. Anyways it was fun and nice to get out and get our minds occupied with our little Beck. Well, I guess he's not little anymore, he's 2 years old! He got a bunch of presents that he loves. His friend, Roman, gave him a really cool hoodie and some Lego fruit snacks which he couldn't get enough of! Kortni and her family gave him McQueen underwear, which hopefully will come in use soon, a really soft Queen blanket, and a Queen hat, which he wore all the way home and was tempted to sleep in. Not to mention he got Car cards from both Roman and his Nelson girls. We gave him a dump truck, big legos, a magna doodle, and cars from the movie Cars, and a Thomas train. He ripped right through his presents with cousin Piper's help, and was obsessed with his Lightning McQueen candle. He got bored of bowling pretty fast and it took us all about an hour and a half to bowl just one game! He was pretty much running around everywhere, and at one point ran straight down the lane and slipped, no tears though. One more time he ran across the bowling alley right in front of a girl that was letting go of her ball and it missed him by about 6 inches. (Picture an almost 8 month pregnant lady running after him and slipping and falling to her knees right as she was about to nab him) yeah pretty embarrassing.....
Right nowhe loves Lightning McQueen (calls him Queen) and trains. He also is in love his cousin "Wizah" and his "mama" (aunt Kortni) and always asks about them. He likes to carry his Cars and trains around with him everywhere. and as you can tell from the end picture, he has decided that they must sleep with him too! (My friend Kellee gave him McQueen pijamas that he's wearing) All in all I'd say it was a pretty successful party with Beck entering his year #2 on this earth with a bang! Man, I sure do love my little tornado. It's weird how in a month or so, my Baby Beck is going to seem so big and he's going to be a big brother. He is such a mommy's boy and I am such a son's mom, but we're going to have another girl in the house, I hope he learns that he can only wrestle with people bigger than him....

8 comments:

Jess said...

Happy birthday Beck!!!! It sounds like you had LOTS of fun :) They grow up so fast, but he will always be your baby :) I can't wait to meet baby Paisley, Dillon is excited too!!!

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

I agree with Jess, he will always be your baby, but a little girl is awesome!
It was good seeing you yesterday, and I'm sorry if it was awkward. I was just glad to see you out and about, and I got to wish Beck a happy birthday!
I'll see ya later!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is already 2! He is so big in those pictures! I love all the "queen" stuff. Hopefully it will still be cool in a month or two!
I wish I was there bowling with you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is already 2! He is so big in those pictures! I love all the "queen" stuff. Hopefully it will still be cool in a month or two!
I wish I was there bowling with you guys!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I am glad that you had something to celebrate with everything else going on. Happy Birthday Beck!

Kona & Jared Harper said...

Hey Korbi.
I hope you don't mind but i found your blog on Alisha's. I wanted to say hi and also say tag. I taged you so go to my blog and see what i mean!!

Brit said...

I think you have a Branson on your hands. I love the picture of Beck sleeping and the trains and cars are lined up on the pillow. Soo cute!!! We love you Beck!!!

Lena Gilbert said...

That's a really cute picture of beck sleeping with his cars next to him on the pillow. They grow way too fast. We're going to be down in moses next week and would love to see you guys. Hope you are feeling well and remember that the end is in sight!