Saturday, April 17, 2010

Scary....

So today Stephen wanted to go on a bike ride since I got my endorsement and all. So I was thinking like to McDonalds and back. No, he had a better idea. He wanted to go on a 140 mile ride to Wilbur, uh, no thanks. Luckily Tiffanni and Ruben were a little later than when we were going to leave, so we only went out to Odessa and back. But it was still 100 miles... I wanted to ease into it, you know like ride around in the neighborhood, maybe take the bike across town some day. Stephen said the only way I was going to learn how to be more comfortable on the bike was if I just jump right into riding. Now seriously, I don't know what my problem is. I have never really been afraid of much... (minus spiders, water, and a psycho breaking in and kidnapping my children) Not to sound all brave and courageous, but airplanes, jumping off bridges, driving fast, cliff jumping, sky diving, sign me up baby! Driving a motorcycle going 70+ while semis are flying by? Not my idea of adventure, more like a death wish...
But I survived and I think that I even had fun! At one point I got behind and had to do 80 to catch up. When a gust of wind hits me and I bobble I feel like my heart is going to stop. If you have ever read the Uglies and the Pretties book series, it was definitely "icey!" My sis-in-law Tiffanni, her hubby Ruben (who took the bike class with me last weekend, even though he's been riding for a few years. I think he took it so I didn't have to be alone...) friend Derik Hines and GF Jarna, and my hubby were everyone in attendance. We stopped and ate at the Odessa Drive-in and I sucked down an ice cold Mtn Dew that made me have to pee all the way home.... Fun day, in a way. :)This is the Bad A sis-in-law Tiffanni. She drives wwaaayyyyy faster than me. :)

9 comments:

twylla said...

Oh my dear I am so afraid of those things. they scare me when I am driving because I think they just sneak up behind me to scare me and the blidn spot of the car makes it very difficutl to see. Please be so careful. but then I am such a coward. Have fun but do be so creful

Korbi said...

I love you Grandma!

Micah E. said...

Wow Kobs! Totally impressive. I would not have been able to even get on, let alone hit 80!

Ella said...

Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
who was watching your little kiddes while were on that trip? Oh Yeah i forgot me : ) I just remebered the funniest thing Beck said after u guys left.....he was talking to Paisley who was in the poodle suit and he said "if ur a puppy u have to eat out of a dog dish" so he came up to me and was like get Pais some dog food and a bowl it was so funny because he sounded dead serious!

Anonymous said...

fun fun!

Ashton & Co. said...

You look so Bad-A! Love it!! You are much braver than me...never will I get my endorsement! :)

Deborama said...

You look so tiny and cute on that bike! It freeeeeeks me out, you worry me! I've actually had nightmares about it since you told me the wind made you bob back and forth! Im with your cute Grandma, be careful!

Jana said...

How fun for you and Stephen. Maybe he will take up redoing furniture since you did the motorcycle thing. I think it's only fair.

Korbi said...

Aunt Jana- AGREED!!! LOL