Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Photo overload and catchin up!

Dick and Jane quilt in DONE! Love how it turned out and the quilting is superb! (thanks Gail Earl!!)6th Ward Quilting Class quilt is DONE! Not so much in love with it. WAY to busy for me (I know, right??) But definitely a learning experience. Lesson #1 Just because you want to use your "inspiration" fabric that you bought for the quilt, does not mean that you HAVE to because it may not look good in the end.... ;) LOLI like the back though...Saturday night we had a Minute to Win it party with a few friends. Stephen has to prepare for a Scout thing with these games, so we played a few and got some good laughs. Hey, YOU try balancing a cookie on your forehead and getting it to your mouth WITHOUT using your hands!Beck and friend Roman enjoyed the red juice that was at the party...Sunday was Grandpa Frans Yorgesen's 91st birthday, so we stopped for a visit. He's so cute and tells great stories and has such a beautiful yard. He showed all the kids his little "tricks." Beck, Ashton, Paisley, and Grandpa YorgesenThis past Monday I took Beck to the AIM Spanish Summer Camp. Other than his primary Sunbeam class, (Which I still sit right behind him because I teach the class just older than him) I have always been his teacher... so I was super nervous that he was gonna be awful, like he is for me, bless his heart! He even told me that he was only going to "try it, but I'm not gonna like it." Bribery with the Aquatic Center afterwards helped... After his first day, he was IN LOVE! Seriously... Loved it! I was so happy. I only checked on him twice the first day. I am one proud momma!More Aquatic Center days because that's what we do around here... ;)
Last Friday I had my Eclipse/Twilight party. Super fun with beading bookmarks/binky chains/key chains, trivia games with prizes, and just plain gabbing!
Kortni, Bekah, Brie, Bethany, Amber, Teri, Katie, Remina, Mindy, and Jade...And then last night the MIDNIGHT SHOWING of Eclipse! Whoo hoo! I went with Jade, Bekah, Kortni, and Mindy. We saw many other "Twilight obsessed moms" and kids, and even a few dads! I thought that it was the best one yet, not much contest against New Moon, which I liked, but didn't Love.. and I am super excited for Breaking Dawn!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

I LOVE the quilts and I really love that you are always having fun and being creative.

Jana said...

Great job on the quilts! It's so nice that you get together with the girls and also with other couples. It seems like it is a hard thing to do when you have kids! And about Twilight. Terry and I watched the 2nd movie. Not sure why because we were not a fan of the first one but for some reason Terry ordered the 2nd one. It was the longest 2 hours and 10 minutes I have ever sat through. So if you want to make time stand still - rent the Twilight movies.

Mindy said...

Wow, I need to catch up like that! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the quilts and the parties!

Jenn O said...

Your quilts look fantastic--I'm cracking up because I have one that looks almost identical to Dick and Jane that I just need to sandwich and quilt.

Your Twilight party looks like a lot of fun--you were making Ella laugh with your texts!

Anonymous said...

who is that big girl in the pink swim suit!? She is getting HUGE!

Mastrude Family said...

So, I am friends and work with Gail Earl's daughter Myca! Crazy...small world