Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer, finally!

Stephen came home from a 4 day motorcycle ride late Saturday night and the kids and I had signs and presents waiting for him. And we actually weren't too late for Stake Conference on Sunday even though I insisted on taking a picture first!After church we headed out to Othello to celebrate Ashton Family birthdays and Father's Day at Mary's house. We stopped by to see Grandpa Yorgesen and snapped a few quick pics because we caught him coming home from a walk... Summer is FINALLY here! We made it to the Aquatic Center for the first time yesterday and both of my kids were in heaven. Paisley was not loving it at first, and didn't want to get in her tube, but man, I couldn't keep her out of the water after a few minutes and she kept walking away from me, deeper and deeper...
My kids are both obsessed with the sun glasses. I can't believe that we haven't lost them yet. I have lost 3 of my own pair in the past month...Thank you Maimi Dawn for the packages! We are super excited for the party on the Oregon Coast in a few weeks. We talk and ask about it every day...I don't like bugs very much, how many people really do? (there are ONLY 6,000 members of some world wide bug group I found on-line) Spiders are the worst, if they weren't so dang fast?!?! Maybe we would get along better... But in order to teach the children and hopefully get them less afraid of bugs, we got bug catchers at the $1 Store and had fun catching about 10 different bugs/spiders the other day. I had to carry the containers around and actually catch the bugs, but maybe it will get better with time.

3 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

your beach bag is really cute. is it big? where did you get it? I have been looking EVERWHERE for a big beach bag. I bought one in hawaii last year...but it was crap and broke before we even used it. grrrr.

Korbi said...

I got that bag at Wal-Mart last year. I LOVE IT! I bought 2 but I can't find the other one :(

Jana said...

It has been summer here for awhile. It got down to 60 something last night and I thought I was going to freeze. Today and tomorrow it will be in the high 90's. Your kids must get the sunglass thing from Terry - he always has a pair on. Hasn't lost any for awhile. Maybe I need to buy a bug kit for my kids - they still hate spiders.
PS: Even though it may cost .25 and I don't use it then it's a waste of money that could've been spent at Dillards, Kohls, etc. And Terry is a pack rat and doesn't like to throw anything away. I will NEVER have a garage sale again - one was enough for me!