Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Catch up...

Thanks to my Grandma Mimi, Ebay, and yard sales (MOSTLY Grandma Mimi) my vintage Tupperware collection is complete! This is maybe 1/4 of it!My mom and Grandma Mimi came to visit last week from Monday til Thursday when I took them to the airport in Spokane, and it was a busy week. They will probably never come back! My Grandma stayed at my house and it was so fun to chat with her. I also got a chance to videotape an "interview" with her. It is amazing how you think you know a person and it makes me sad that I don't know more. I LOVE to hear stories and memories, wish I made more time for it. I felt like I was "squeezing" it in between McDonalds lunch, shopping, visiting Grandma's cousin, running errands, feeding kids, changing bums, coaching gym, sleeping. Just every day little things and all I wanted to do was sit and listen and ask questions, but the time just kept getting shorter and flying by faster and faster! Thank you Mimi for the opportunity...We met Grandma Mimi's cousin at the Red Robin in the Tri-cities. We chatted and ate lunch and then shopped til we dropped. Literally, I was dragging my body through Macy's...Grandma's cousin, Carma Rogers, Grandma Mimi, Mom, Korbi, and Kortni at Red Robin On Friday morning I went with my niece, McKenna on her school field trip to the Ropes Course also in the Tri-cities (sometimes it feels like EVERYTHING is there!) This is me hanging upside down learning to "trust" the guy holding me up. Pretty exciting. McKenna is awesome and so sweet, and such a smartie. They did this "puzzle maze" and everyone kept looking to her for the answers! Thanks McKenna for letting me come and "chaperone!"Saturday June 5, was the 2nd Annual Jack5 Ride. We met in Naches and rode about 400 miles. Tiffanni, once again, was a major trooper and rode our little "Ninja" most of the time. I had to ride the last 2 1/2 hours and I thought I was gonna die. My hands were numb and my butt was killing me. I sure like to ride, but the long distances are a killer. I don't know how you can drive a bike for more than a day!We had about 27 bikes and 30+ riders. A good turn out and we met some new people. Raised over $3,000 for the Jacksen O. Ashton Memorial Fund.
And now I am onto to crafting and taking care of kids... We had a busy week and I am still waiting for the slowness of summer to hit. I got 3 quilts back that need binded, but I can't squeeze it in! We have finally had some nice weather the last few days, well, yesterday and today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and maybe we can get to the pool soon!

4 comments:

Jana said...

I would like a copy of the taped interview with Twylla. And may I say you are one motorcycle mama. I hope you are OK in a couple of years when your kids are zooming around on dirt bikes and then riding their own bikes. Glad you guys had fun. Terry said Twylla sounded so good on the phone last Sunday so the visit must have been wonderful for her too.

Jana said...

PS. The two lids on my Tupperware canister set just broke. I need to look to see if they still make a canister set. I've had mine for 30 years and love it!

twylla said...

Thanks to korbi and kortne we had a fu week with never a dull moment the kids are so good and your homes are beautiful. thanks so much for the hospitality and the hauling me around to everything. we had a great time and thanks again and again your little ones are so good they never cry and shine they are so sweet.

Deborama said...

Your lucky, what a great Grandma! Hey can you email me a pic of Scott and Eric on the ride? :)