Saturday, March 9, 2013

 Beck started wrestling about 3 weeks ago. It's been a rough go with his first day of practice LOVING it and like most things he starts it wears off fast. But I think that wrestling will be good for him???? We took him to a "Little Guys" tournament in Ephrata today. We learned a lot that's for sure. There was a little boy a few matched before Beck that wrestled that was blind and I was discreet, but I emotionally lost it. It was so sweet watching his family cheer and him working so hard. It was such a tender moment. So I was already a hot mess before Beck even started.

 And although he was definitely not smiling by the end of his 2 matches (Lost both) I did catch the photo of a smile! He cried at the very end of the first one because his arm was all twisted and it hurt and I learned my first lesson, DO NOT go out and hug him im front of everyone and try and make him shake hands to finish off with a good attitude, it only makes it worse! DO let the coach take care of that! Good news is that he wrestled a long time and only lost by 2 points. He cried at the end of the 2nd one because it got pinned pretty quickly and he knew that he had lost.

Supportive sisters of their big brother that waited a very long day to only watch him for a few minutes...
When he was done and we were leaving he asked, "When do we get our medals?" and after informing him that he doesn't get one because he lost both times, he was upset, but didn't cry. Just had a defeated look on his face. I was sad for him and my heart hurt, but I guess that he has to learn this hard lesson some time, right???

2 comments:

Jana said...

Is that a little tattoo on his arm? I like not getting trophy's, etc. When you look back at them you know which ones mean the most and participation is not one of them. I don't know how you can watch him wrestle. I would probably run out there and throw the other kid off of him.

Korbi said...

They have to write their weight number on their arm in permanent marker. I still haven't been able to get it off. I DO NOT enjoy watching him wrestle. The other moms tell me that it is a learning experience for me as well. :)