Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bummer

Stephen left today to go camping with the Priest Group from church until Friday. I decided to ride my bike into town pulling my kids in the bike trailer. We stopped at the dollar store and Beck got a Spiderman puzzle and Pais got another baby doll. We left the store and I hopped on the bike to head to Dairy Queen and my back tire had popped! Dang it! I had brought my bike pump, but it was of no use of course, so I pushed it to Dairy Queen to get my kids out of the 98 degree heat and called up Kortni to come and get me. So we got to enjoy an ice cream cone while we waited. Then we found some guy with a Leatherman to undo the bike trailer from my bike and loaded my bike in her Expedition and left the bike trailer because it didn't fit and went and got it later. Thank heavens Kortni called me back because that really would have sucked pushing my bike all the way home!

5 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

That is a bummer! You get an A for effort, though! Don't ive up on Beck's swimming lessons- have you tried pouring water over his head in the bath tub?

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

You could have called me too, ya know!
Murphy's Law says that when the mad leaves for a while, that's when crap is gonna happen! Dang that Murphy guy!

Black Family said...

I am impressed that you rode all that way with your kids! Oh and ya I have tried that jar food....so gross! Jaida actually gagged on it the other day...yucko!

Hall Family said...

I feel ya, Jeff went for 5 days with the scouts. Oh and don't feel bad about swimming lessons, We've dunked Cru under since he was 8 weeks old, We're cruel but it worked.

SAYDA said...

Stuff like that always happen when our hubby's are out of town. I'm glad you could call your sister. It is so hot in our town too. It is terrible.