Monday, August 17, 2009

Idaho Quick Trip

This past weekend my very cute, red headed little brother, Justin, age 11, got sealed to our family in the Twin Falls Temple! We have had quite a few years with our little Justin in raising him as a baby and loving him and losing him and loving him and losing him again and again. I was about 16 when Justin entered our lives as a newborn and I remember caring him around in his carseat at the Dairy Queen and taking him to my games as I cheered, my sister Jakobi had him at soccer games and we changed his bum and watched him grow. He finally entered our family as the adoption became real when I was a Sr in High School. His biological mom is named Heather and she "married" a man much older than her and then came Justin. My mother at the time was taking care of Heather's mother who was losing a battle with cancer and then when she passed, Heather kind of got scared and gave us her little boy Justin, then just a newborn. Then off and on for years he was back and forth. The poor little guy, sometimes there were months where we didn't know where he was, but then he was ours for sure. And now he is ours for the eternities!!!! All the grandkids outside the temple waiting for the ceremony to be over; L-R: Jax, Paisley, Beck, Bridger, Broxton, Hanna, Branson, Alizah, Piper, Lizie, and my couisn Kaela one of the babysitters.

My little brother, Kalan, what a stud! and Paisley enjoying his child attending skills.


Beck and his great grandpa Beck who was able to join us in the temple.Stephen, Paisley, Beck, and J Weldon BeckBeck and his great grandma MimiStephen Ashton Family at the Twin Falls TempleFamily for Time and all Eternity; Jakobi, Justin, Kortni, Britni, Korbi; back: mom, dad, Kalan
Me and cousin KaelaMe and my mom
Me and my brother, Kalan

This is about THE ONLY moment that Broxton and Paisley got along

Afterwards we all ate at IHOP and made quite a commotion!Me and my brand new niece, Lizie.After the Temple and IHOP we raced to Boise to get Jakobi and her kids on a plane to Portland and Kortni and 2 of her girls (I kept Alizah) on a plane back to Spokane, we stayed in Boise and went to Pojo's on Saturday.After Pojo's we decided to get on the road and head back to Washington, but not before a quick stop to see "Bumblebee" from Transformers! We explained to Alizah and Beck how Bumblebee only transforms at night because he is shy.Beck was way super excited and kept trying to look Bumblebee in the eye and talk to him. Way super cute.....

No comments: