Saturday, March 13, 2010

I went to Wal-Mart today for an eye appt at their vision center and then to grab a few groceries for dinner tomorrow. I had my niece with me and we were meeting my sister there because I was late for the appt in order for her to get her daughter. 4:00 was appt time and I was running a few minutes late, but after 45 minutes in appt and then 20 minutes getting some groceries, I met Kortni and Hanna (sister and niece) again in line and we walked out together having parked only a few rows away from each other. As I got closer to my car, I thought that it looked like the tail lights were on, you know how the sun shines on them just right to make them look like they are on? then I was looking for my keys, which I normally clip to a handle on my purse. Nothing... racking my brain trying to remember if I had set my keys down? Then I realize it sounds like my car is running? .....yeah, I totally left my keys in the ignition, car running, unlocked, GPS on seat, DVD player hooked up. Wow.
Moral of the story is: if you WANT someone to steal your car, do not leave it between 4:00-5:30 in the Wal-Mart parking lot, people are probably more desperate at night. :)

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That totally sounds like something I would do!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!!Jared has left the keys in the ignition on numberous trips to town. He even forgets to put it in park sometimes....you farm kids!

Ashton & Co. said...

You must be a busy mom! :)

sarahandmatt said...

I left my car running during an entire swim lesson with my kids last summer (by accident, of course). Moses Lake is the safest place ever!!!