Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's DONE!



I finally finished it! Seriously, after 7 coats of red paint, then 3 coats of red spray paint, YES, I have finally done the spray paint thing on a big piece of furniture and I LOVE spray paint! I have only used it before on small pieces, but I was sick of painting coat after coat of brushing it on, so I did the spray paint and I finished it! Whoo hoo! So add glaze and a top coat, and it's DONE!!! I finally got my brother who was visiting and Stephen to haul it inside and I really like it. Stephen is not too much of a lover of it, but I really do like it. I store the board games in the big one. I need to stop putting stuff on top of all the furniture in my house, but I have so many picture frames and the holes in my wall are not getting any less. The pieces of wood in the black shadow frame are pieces of floorboard of the gymnasium that my Grandpa Beck was a janitor of while he attended college at Albion Normal School. We took a tour of the condemned building a few summers ago. It was fun to hear his stories. I'm glad that I picked up those pieces of wood, even if the rest of my family thought I was crazy for carrying around old pieces of wood.
I also finished an ivory colored table and Paisley's rocking chair that my Grandma picked up at an auction for her a few years back. Maybe if she ever gets her own room I can repaint it a fun color, but I had to have it match somewhere where she actually uses it now. Spray paint is so much faster, I gotta figure out the drips though, guess I should just brush it away, but sometimes I spray and walk away and then come back and it has drips, but I still love it and once you've spray painted, you may NEVER go back to painting with a brush!!! small table: craigslist, $15I now have an old rocker and a quilt rack sitting in my makeshift "painting area" of the garage. I can't stop searching craigslist for furniture with lots of detail even though I don't have anymore room...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lookin' good

I actually like the pieces you have on the furniture-just don't put much more on and take away the red beauties underneath! (the furniture)

melanie said...

LOVE the red pieces and the chair. You did a great job, like always. I can just see you carrying around wood pieces too, it's so Korbi.

What spray paint brand do you like? I'm going to attack the dresser I have soon and you've convinced me to spray it. Can't wait.

Jana said...

I really thought I posted a comment this morning???? Love the furniture - especially the rocker. How did you get the black lines on it? Craigslist is addicting! I found a really cute hall bench for Jennica and she said no but I almost bought it anyway even though I have NO room for it. I have to quit looking

jenicaheslop said...

Hey! My name is Jenica...and I'll take a hall bench! :) Love the furniture, so you. I'm still hunting for my school desk...found the perfect one, but of course was already sold..I'm just not quick enough!

Ann Ashton said...

Wow - looks great Korbi!!

Ashton & Co. said...

GOod job! You are becoming pro at furniture restoration. Your pieces are turning out very pretty.

Lena Gilbert said...

I know what you mean, I found a coffee table this morning that I'm dragging kevin to kennewick for. I love the red and the rocking chair. Spray paint is a great tool...I Just need to find an awesome hutch..

Kathy’s Korner said...

I love love love your furniture! I love red, more than I can say!