Sunday, May 30, 2010

SpringFest

And it's off to the quilters... and it's HUGE!! Biggest quilt I've made by far...
If you don't live in Moses Lake, you need to know that Springfest is a big deal around here. Lip Sync, Moses Lake Idol, "fair" food, parade, entertainment, carnival. It's like as big if not bigger (since the town is bigger) as the Cassia County Fair (BIG deal where I grew up). This is us the night of the lip sync. SO many of the acts are sooo funny. We usually don't make it home til past 11. And no, I don't especially wanna talk about Stephen's hair.... yuck...Saturday night AIM Gymnastics and Cheer were in the moonlight parade. By the middle of the parade it really is quite dark and all the floats have lights on them. It looks pretty cool. We got the float decorated all nice and put team kids, rec kids, cheer, and a few hip hoppers into 2 trucks and the long trailer with the bars and podium on it. We probably had 40-50 kids in our section. Above are some of my cheerleaders. They were troopers yelling out our cheers all through the parade.Paisley got to ride in Uncle Brandon's truck and had a ball.Beck and his friend Jackson were in their Hot Shot uniforms, but were convinced that they were there for break dancing. They had so much fun with their glow in the dark things and light sabers...We were late as usual to church again. Stephen really hates being late and it puts him in a really bad mood. I don't blame him, guess I should do something about it... maybe...This is Paisley's skirt that friend Jenn made for her second birthday. I didn't do the elastic tight enough, so I guess she will have lots of "getting fatter" room. :) I love it! The pictures don't do it justice, but ya can't really take a good picture of a grumpy 2 year old...
Thanks Jenn!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooooo cute!

Jana said...

Jakobi - I hope you're not talking about Stephen's hair! I didn't even know that was him. Think I would take the shaving his head for the summer. I think you better take more pictures of Paisley with the cute smile instead of the pouty one - people might get the wrong idea. I miss the Burley fair! Might try to make it to Idaho the 4th of July.

Jenn said...

Heee. I didn't realize that was Stephen, either--I thought "who is that strange guy Paisley is talking to?".

AMAZED by the quilt. I need details! It's fabulous!

Love what you did with the skirt--so darling! Nice work. :)

jenicaheslop said...

Hey you Stinker!!! That is the circle quilt I told you I was working on and just had to show you!! Way to beat me to the craftiness!! Mine is obviously NOT done. :( So fun huh? And here I thought I was gonna show ya something you didn't already know... :) Uh huh.

Ann Ashton said...

Stephen's hair: "once an Ashton Boy always and Ashton BOY"! (mom Ashton) :)

Love the pictures from the cabin and Grandpa was glad they washed before jumping into the hot tub! :)

Love ya!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I know you don't wanna talk about it, but is that stephen's real hair? it seriously looks like a wig. either way, I agree...YUCK!!

Deborama said...

We wanted to go to the springfest but it was so cold! Cute skirt. Stephens hair is undescribable, tell him thanks though, Scott has wanted to shave his and I didn't want him to and now he says he can't because Stephen beat him to it! Yay! :)

Korbi said...

Yeah, that's Stephen's real hair. Luckily, only for a day though. I don't like it when he shaves it every summer, so he came home like that for a day, so I wouldn't think the baldness was so bad..