Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I don't sit down to eat unless I am at a restaurant. And then that's only if my kids aren't with me.... After dinner is ready I eat across from the bar where everyone else is sitting and eating. It's a bad habit of mine, but it seems like such an easier spot to stand even if my feet ache and my knees hurt. Then if someone needs a drink or they spilled their milk, I'm right there BAM! To turn around and grab a rag from the sink or get a cup And fill it with water or grab the salt and pepper from next to the stove. There are probably lots of moms that don't sit down to eat. I blame the flabby pouch on my stomach on this very act of standing while I eat. Because when you are standing there scarfing down your food you don't get to sit and slow down and decide if you are still hungry, so I end up eating too much, or not enough so I end up going back to the kitchen for cookies at 10:00 at night. :) It's like I'm "on call" and I gotta be ready for whatever is thrown (literally) my way. And while I'm standing there taking random bites of food and begging kids to eat, I start doing the dishes before I have even touched my plate because the rest of the family is already done and plates are piling up in the sink. Then another add to the frumpy tummy is after the kitchen is all cleaned up I snap open a can of ice cold Mountain Dew because frankly, I deserve it. :) but one day I will miss those dishes in the sink or those fingerprint drawings in a pile of ketchup, but for now, my feet hurt and I am going to break open a Mountain Dew. :)



3 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

my mom always ate on the oppostie side of the bar too...but we always had a stool on that side so she could sit. You should maybe make it a job for Beck to pull a stool over to that side for you to sit down on for your dinner! just a thought!

Amanda Jean said...

hi there, just checking in to see if you emailed me your address yet? i'm anxious to send you your scraps from my most recent giveaway. maybe it got lost in my inbox? if so, could you please send it again? thanks so much. amandajean

Kelley Gubler said...

I love mountain dew....and dr. Pepper....and root beer. If pop were good for you I'd be SO healthy. Glad I'm not the only one who wants to drink it at all hours of the day :)