Thursday, January 27, 2011


My mom has stage 3 breast cancer. It sucks. She lives in Idaho and I haven't seen her since the beginning of December, but hopefully will be making another trip down there soon. She found out before Thanksgiving. Strong lady, plowed right thru Thanksgiving and Christmas like it was nothing! Has already had 3 surgeries and going in for another one this week. Headed for Chemo on the 31st, she has been an inspiring lady if anything. She'd hate that I called her lady, so I'll call her a girl. :) I sent her a necklace that said "Fights like a girl" and had a pink charm. I wouldn't want to fight, I'd wanna curl up in my bed and cry, but my mom like just keeps going. I am sad that I am not there and that Britni is the only sister there, I don't like only hearing news thru the phone and not face to face. Dang it. So yea, inspiring GIRL. Haven't always seen eye to eye... who knew sneaking out in the middle of the night to go see boys was a bad idea? Apparently my mom did. :) But she has always been a go getter. You put her in charge of something and you can guarantee it's gonna be decorated, organized, serenaded, that there will be things to take home, and definitely well attended. So I'm posting this out there because well, honestly its a part of my life. Don't feel bad for me, I don't have cancer, but you can say a little (or a big one) prayer for my mom and pray for her to stay strong... I LOVE YOU MOM!

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. I'm sorry Korbi. I remember your mom as a fighter, too. Here's to all of you....

Mastrude Family said...

Your mom has been in my prayers since I found out a few weeks ago. I let my parents know (hope that was ok) but I know they will be thinking of her as well.

twylla said...

Dawn is doing great and trying so hard to be strong almost to the point of overdo. She will be o k but will take some time and we as humans want things done right now this very minute. She looks really good and I am so proud of her attitude I am not so sure I could be that strong Our thoughts and prayers are with her every day