Thursday, January 6, 2011

I LOVE Goodwill/Derseret Industries/second hand stores. My favorite second hand store here is called the Calico Cat and it's for the humane society and yes, there are cats roaming around the store.... The Calico Cat is where I find amazing things. Not very many things, but amazing things.... Like the first Care bears I ever found, true vintage ones from 1984 for 99 cents! The Goodwill here is hit and miss. I have never been able to find good furniture there, but random things, yes. Like today a fully loaded Optimus Prime toy and huge Batman and Paisley got a stash of princess fairies and all this for under $5! Yeah! I admit that yard sales have much better/lower prices, but yard sales, sadly, are not year round.... So I will stick to my second hand stores for the months of October-April. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEE! Sadly, I haven't gone for awhile!!! My thrift stores must miss me...

Jana said...

I know you love your thrift stores but you really need to try Dillards on New Year's Day if you have one close by

The Peterson's said...

Isn't it funny how you could spend tons of money on a new toy or 50 cents and they love it the same either way. McCoy always finds "treasures" when were thrifting LOL. We havent been in a while and honestly I have missed it. Now I have ideas on what to do this coming weekend :)

P.S. Thanks for the Dear John Letter and the Laugh. That was too funny. Great how those things work out.

Amanda Jean said...

Hi Korbi, you are my scrap giveaway winner!! please email me your address to crazymomquilts@yahoo.com so i can send you your scraps! thanks for playing along. :)