Sunday, March 27, 2011

I haven't had an accident or ticket since my Jr year in high school (it helps that my license was suspended my senior year!) My dad had asked me to go pick up my sister, Jakobi, from work in town during the summer. He told me to take an old farm truck. I argued that it didn't have a license plate and he told me to get going. I safely made it to pick up my sister at the snowcone shack, but then on the way home I got pulled over. No plates, therefore no tabs, no insurance, I had been working in the yard in my swim suit, so I wasn't carrying my license either.... As I was pulling away to "drive straight home" he yelled at me to put my seatbelt on and I calmly informed the police office that the seat belts didn't work.... So with all those thing missing I lost my license for a year. Luckily the wonderful grandpa Beck has some pull in good ol Cassia County and I got it back in 6 months. Anyways....
So yes, I've been pulled over for minor infractions, about once a year actually, knock on wood. The last major accident was my Jr year in high school when I hit a shitzu dog (yes those tiny little things) rolled my car, killed the dog, and took out a fence. So I have been clean forever!!!! Until Friday afternoon...
My sister, Kortni, let me borrow her old car to go pick up some nieces and nephews from Othello who were staying the weekend because my Blazer only fits 3 people. I dropped her off at her car at the car dealership (it was getting worked on) and slowly proceeded to back out. Needless to say, as careful as I was, my kids' car seats and the dry cleaning was lined up just perfectly with the ginormous bright yellow concrete pole that I did not see. Dang it. Perfectly good record ruined. My sister was quite nice about it, bless her heart.



1 comment:

JimnAnne Ringle said...

Bummer! Sorry to hear about your run-in with the pole. That will ruin your day!