Monday, October 5, 2009

LOTS going on!

Well, we are finally back from a few more of our travels or "take offs with not much notice..." My Grandfather's Funeral was on Tuesday of last week and it feels like forever ago. It was a nice funeral and all the speakers did a great job, especially my dad of course. Right amount of funny, right amount of spiritual, right amount of memory. The whole funeral was very nice, as nice as a funeral can be. Everyone always says that the best thing about a funeral is that everyone gets together. And just about everyone was there, so it was nice. I saw cousins that I haven't seen in years! My whole family was there, (pictured above minus bro-in-law, Chad) and I believe that we were only missing a few cousins.... After we got back from the funeral on late Thursday night we did laundry, caught up and then I had a Fiesta Fundraiser for AIM School and then on short notice we took off for the cabin about 8 PM on Friday night and I am glad that we went. We were able spend watching Conference with some family and spend a good weekend with Bob and Ann (mom and dad-in-law) before they take off on their mission to Cambodia next week!
This next picture is of my dad and about kills me every time that I see it. I haven't seen my dad cry to often in my entire life. The picture in the background is my Grandpa Beck and this is at his viewing. My dad (and Aunts and Uncles and grandkids and a few lucky great-grandkids) have had my Gpa Beck around for a long time and we were blessed to have had him in our lives, it is a blessing for him to join his wife in Heaven, but sad, that we won't be able to see him for a bit. My son, Beck, keeps waking up and asking if Grandpa Beck is still dead, and I get to explain to him again and again that we will see him again.....And my friends, the next picture is of something illegal, or so they say, I don't believe them... so cops, and jurors and judges, and those who judge me and my odd ways, avert your eyes.....My sister, Britni, my cousin Heidi, and I painted the rock at the Burley High in our heels and dresses... because Why? you ask? Because My Grandpa Beck Rocks! That's why!And here is my sweet angel, Paisley Marion. And below, a picture of the great-grandkids at Grandma Mimi's house. All 10 of them plus my little brother, Justin, who is really a grandkid, makes 11. Thanks for the always yummy pizza Grandma Mimi and the awesome polyester material!!! ( I came home with bags and bags of it from her and some vintage TUPPERWARE! Made my day I tell ya! I've been spending oodles of money on Ebay for that stuff!)

1 comment:

Teri said...

Wow! You are such a busy woman! Good family fun is always worth the business though :) I feel like I haven't seen ya forever! One of these days we need to get together! I'd love to catch up!