Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I love where I live....
I get to look outside and see this sometimes...
That being said, let's get into the randomness of this post... I meet my sister-in-law in Warden (15 minutes both ways) 3 times a week to switch kids, she watches my Paisley as I take her son to school with me. We meet at a gas station and buy corn dog or burritos from the same lady everyday and I don't think she has ever smiled back at me, bless her heart!
I am a packer, not the "Master Packer" like Seinfeld was, but a packer. I seem to always overpack, but I tend to have things that people need at random moments; band aids, fruit leathers, extra underwear.... This is what the front seat of my car looks like on school/gym days. My Mountain Dew, Paisley's sippy, gym bag, camera, school bag, Paisley's bag, Beck's bag, and sometimes a deep fryer and other random thing for school that day. And yes, I always have that many pens in my car... at all times...


And this is usually what Paisley and Beck look like by the time I get to Warden.

Stephen's parents are on their mission in NY and we got a fun package from them the other day. They sent all the grand kids hats and the "babies" got an outfit, so here are my kids modeling their new duds. Thank you Elder and Sister Ashton!!! We love you!!!
My son, so an angel, at least in my eyes. Actually he is somewhat of a bully. A cute bully, but still a bully. I think that it is to make up for his lack of size??? This is a picture I made him draw for his friend Colin at school because he pushed him and then proceeded to take away his toy. I wrote the word "sorry" and then he traced and drew Colin as a stick figure and that big scribble picture is his "anger" he said. I actually decided to keep the picture after he showed it to Colin and gave him a hug because a) it was his first stick figure ever that he drew all my himself and b) I do things like that, keep stuff I am super proud of.

Which brings me to this:
You see that little "B" right over the Jr Fish meal on this iHop menu? Yeah, my son drew that back in October while we were in Utah. You should have seen how proud he was. "Mom!! That is like my name!" I was beaming. Now I know there are kids out there that are three and write their whole name and other wonderful things, but don't burst my bubble, I was a super proud mommy!
So even though my son is somewhat of a "talented" bully, he still got to give his first talk in Primary this past Sunday.
There's his name that I circled on the newsletter and he actually gave his talk right off of the newsletter. He said the first Article of Faith. He remembered the "Eternal Father" part, but I obviously whispered the rest in his ear.
Here's the kid on his big day of his first talk right before we headed to church.
And then here's proud baby sister...


And then to end all the randomness a picture of Beck and Ashton and the fun that they have and the mess that Stephen makes letting them have fun in my bathtub..... ;)

5 comments:

Black Family said...

Beck is just such a little man now! so cute!
Have a huge favor to ask you.... i love that primary newsletter and i am in the primary presidency in our ward and i am in charge of the newsletter and that is a super cute one....i tried to copy and change it but it would not let me....do you think you can get one of your primary ladies to e-mail the format to you and then to me?...if not i understand...i just LOVE it!

Jana said...

WOW - did you hear that - Paisley's sippy cup. Doesn't that sound so good instead of her bottle. She is such a big girl. Not so sure if Beck is a bully or just the age. He looks so old in his church clothes. Glad his talk came off without a hitch - even though I would have liked to hear about the Transformers.

tiff said...

Love the picture of the boys in the tub... Email it to me (So i ca let it sit on my computer... yes i know) Where is the pictures of all our hard work last weekend? I need to see how it looks. See ya tomorrow

Anonymous said...

First, love the grease pit at the station. When I am pregnant I love to eat the bean burritos from there only. Second, my car looks 10 times worse then that and I just go to town and back!

Deborama said...

That view is heavenly! Email me directions to your house, I was down there again yesterday, I know how to get to Kimberly, are you far from there? :)