Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grace Moyes Perry Van Reunion 2010 in SLC, Utah

My Grandma Mimi with her mother Naomi Glorfield Beck, Paisley, and Uncle Terry and Aunt Jana
Long time in coming is the post about my Grandma Mimi and her Biological family...

My Grandma Twylla Hunt (Mimi) was adopted and did not know until recently who her biological family was. Years ago my Uncle Tim took Mimi to the Boise Orphanage to try and find her birth certificate but to no avail. Only a few months ago my Aunt Jana called the orphanage and what do ya know? They had her birth certificate right there! Along with letters from her parents (Adoptive parents the Glorfields) about wanting to keep this cute "blond haired blue eyed little girl." After finding all this information Jana let us all know of a quickly put together reunion that the Grace Moyes Perry Van Reunion. This family had not met for a reunion in 11 years, and now they were meeting a new Aunt that they had not known about! Mimi's mother Grace had 6 children with her husband, Don Carlos Perry, who then left after the death of their son, and Grace had another baby with Samuel Henry Freston, Mimi's biological father.... that "cute blond haired, blue eyed little baby was my Grandma Mimi!!! She was at the Boise Orphanage where she was born and this is where the wonderful Glorfield family enters the picture as my Grandma's adoptive parents.... Grace, Mimi's mom, later married Phillip Van Jr and had 3 more children, one of which died at childbirth. Non of Mimi's 1/2 siblings had known about her. My grandmother has one 1/2 sister still living. Her name is Margret and she lives in Rock Springs, Wyoming.
We met many wonderful people, RELATIVES! at this little reunion in Salt Lake City and I hope that we keep in touch, as this is our family.

After the Reunion we went to the Hotel and did some quick swimming for the kids, then ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory. The next day we walked around Temple Square. I love the Salt Lake Temple! My parents, brother Justin, sister Britni and her family, me and my two kids, Aunt Jana and Uncle Terry from Colorado, Aunt Debi and Uncle Tim from Jerome, Idaho, and of course Mimi all made it down to Salt Lake to meet all these relatives of ours. There were a lot of people whom I don't remember their names, but everyone was really nice and talkative and curious. There was way to much food and not enough time, but I was so glad to have made the trip! Margret, Dawn, amd Mimi. Margret is by mother's Aunt and Mimi's 1/2 sister.1/2 sibling Margret and Grandma Mimi. 15 years difference... Margret is very shy.Dad, Bruce, and my uncles Tim and Terry.Grandma Mimi, me, and Margret.

Cousins Branson, Bridger, Paisley, and JustinCousins Branson, Broxton, Beck, Paisley, Bridger, and my little brother JustinFamily at dinner at the Old Spaghetti FactoryMe and my kids at the Salt Lake TemplePapa Goose, Paisley, Maimi Dawn, and Beck. (my parents)Uncle Tim, Aunt Debi, Paisley, Grandma Mimi, Beck, and KorbiGrandma Mimi and 2 of her great grandkids, Paisley and Beck AshtonThe girls: Aunt Debi, Mimi, Britni, Dawn, Korbi, and PaisleyThe Boys: Collin, Tim, Broxton, Branson, Beck, Bridger, Justin, and BruceAunt Britni and Paisley, hugs goodbye!

We were packed to the brim on the way home! I am so glad that I went. It was a LOOONNNGG drive there and back, but once again, we made it home in one piece!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Glad you made it home safe! I can't imagine driving by yourself with kids. I guess they keep you awake. It was so great to finally see Paisley in person and a grown-up Beck. It seems like we see them all the time because of your blog when actually this is the first/second time! Keep up the good work with the blog

Deborama said...

That is awesome! Wow! Im sorry about your migraine. I have only had a headache bad enough that 1 tylenol fixes it, and I cry at that! I can't imagine!