Sunday, October 31, 2010

NEW YORK BABY!!!

This picture was taken 7 years ago on our first trip to New York. I had never been and it was on my "bucket list," so Stephen surprised me with tickets for Christmas...
Brooklyn Bridge and the George Washington Bridge below.
Stephen and I went to New York where his parents, Bob and Ann, are serving a mission until April. It was so good to see them! We got to see and do lots of fun stuff.
We went on a boat ride around New York and got to see all the beautiful trees with the colors of the leaves changing for Fall. And of course the New York Hard Rock cafe with a delicious burger was one of our first eats... Stephen humored me and I got to stop at a flea market, even though it closed 5 minutes later :(Seriously, yeah, for awesome buildings and architecture!Times SquareLOVE all the fun detail... I have always been a sucker for old buildings and fire escapes...George Washington Bridge. Stephen and I, day 3???And of course we had to eat at the famous Tom's Restaurant from our favorite Seinfeld show! I ain't gonna lie... food was not incredible... ;)American Museum of Natural History. I had never seen so many fossils before...Rupert from the Hello Deli on the Late Show with David Letterman. We ate sandwiches here before the show. Super nice guy.David Letterman was really a fun experience. Stephen and I both answered the Late Show trivia correctly so we both got a set of tickets, so Bob and Ann got to come with us. Charles Barkley was on. I was surprised at how funny he was. Dave was exactly like how he was on TV. :) We waited around out back after leaving the studio and saw Michael J Fox walking in for the next show. My silly camera was super slow, so all I got was the back of his cute little head behind the big guy and by his blond wife. Sad photog skills, I know... BEST. PIZZA. EVER. and I was actually full! Bob and Ann know all the good eats and which subways to steer clear of. They are like regular New Yorkers now!
Statue of Liberty. We also saw two Broadway shows. Mary Poppins, super good, and Wicked. Awesome good! Loved them both!!! Wicked was probably my favorite because it was a new story line to me and I LOVED the music. I actually got teary eyed at the end! I had a great time and I thank Bob and Ann for letting us stay with them. And I thank Stephen for footing the bill and letting me get our charicature pictures drawn! And here is us 7 years from when we first took a picture in front of the LOVE sign... :)


Thanks to Tiffanni and Ruben for watching our babies! This is the first trip we have taken without either of them them since Beck was born. We missed them terribly, but I did read two books. ;)

7 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like an AWESOME trip! I can;t wait to go!!! :) Glad you had such a great time! Your kids look so cute on halloween, too! :)

Anonymous said...

FUN, FUN, FUN....

Sara said...

Super cute pics!! Looks fun! I want to see Mary Poppins!! That was my fav. movie when I was little.

Jana said...

How come you only have your arms around each other instead of kissing? Is that what happens after 7 years - just wait until it's 30! Looks like NY was a blast! Glad you enjoyed it. The kids look great in their Halloween costumes. How many does Beck have? Surprised that Paisley didn't want to be just like Beck

The Peterson's said...

Looks like you had a blast in NY. NY was on my bucket list too but sadly after dealing with so many nasty folks from that area it has fallen down to the very bottem of the list, almost off LOL. Im not that far away though so I keep thinking maybe just maybe I'll still make it there.
Your kiddos looked so cute in their costumes. Princess Paisley looked so stinking adorable!

twylla said...

Boy what a great time you must of had and did so much Must of stayed for a month. I really am glad you had such a great experience and it was sonice that stephens folks were ther to help show you around. By the way they look great. their mission is doing great for them plus all the people they come in contact with and the good they are doiong. I wil be glad to see you all soon and do drive so careful the kids are just living dolls spoiled but still living dolls and they are so cute

Kelley Gubler said...

totally jealous...i have never been and swear every year i'm going. hasn't happened yet.