Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is how we keep cousin kids busy at Jr High Volleyball games in Othello... :)Stephen celebrated his 33rd birthday yesterday! Yeah Stephen! We have quite a few friends that have birthdays in October, so we had a get together at our house for cake and ice cream and then a few of us went to the Haunted House at the Moses Lake fairgrounds... Not as scary as a few years ago, but I had my eyes closed for most of the time, so I guess I shouldn't really compare. Pictured blowing out candles are Trent Cleverly, Stephen, Jason Jenks, and Amber Jenks... Happy Birthday all OCTOBER birthdays!
Beck had his Primary Program at church this past Sunday, and he is so restless. His poor teachers. The kid finally got stuck right between me and another teacher... He said his part beautifully ("I can be good" ironic huh?) and he didn't run off the stand, so I am counting it as a success!
They really are like REALLY BIG hams... :)
We made a trip out to the Othello pumpkin patch since we will be missing the AIM school's field trip to one this year. The kids had fun picking out the perfect pumpkin and Beck couldn't decide, so he got 2. Soccer is finally over! Did I say finally, I meant, um, hey, soccer is over, sniff sniff! I have to admit sitting out in the cold, trying to bribe my son with quarters to even touch the ball is not very appealing to me. This is Stephen trying to get him back in the game. Bless the hearts of his dear patient coaches...
And all his teammates that he wrestled or threw to the ground...
He touched the ball 3 times, I know this because he told me that I owe his 3 quarters, and this was one of those times.
Well, another week has come and gone and they just seem to keep coming and going. I remember being in like Jr High and High School and I COULDN'T WAIT TO GROW UP... man, was I stupid. ;) But now I get to be grown up and watch my kids want to "grow up..." and then flinching as they actually do, right before my very eyes... :( tear....

1 comment:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

i couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. I was stupid too...don't worry you weren't the only one! HAHAHA!