Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pure sugar is good for you


This pregnancy all I eat is sugar cereal or sugar. And, I figure since I'm pregnant that I get to buy the name brand stuff, so notice the Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebbles. I still buy Marshmellow Maties because that is really the one cereal where the bagged cereal is better than the name brand stuff, I know that my friend Bethany would diagree and she aims for the Lucky Charms. I pretty much eat cereal for breakfast lunch and dinner. Our pantry has a whole shelf devoted to just different kinds of cold cereal. It is so good! When pregnant with Beck I would get up in the middle of the night and eat 4 Chocolate Chunk Chips Ahoy cookies with a glass of milk, now I just eat a bowl of cereal before bed, sometimes 2 bowls! My last pregnancy I also gained 55+ pounds, and I don't think that this one is any better considering that I just gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks. Hmmm..... cut back? I don't think so. Other way yummy things right now are Sour Punch Strings, skittles, and Peeps. Yes, the good ol marshmellow Peeps, lucky me they have Christmas tree ones and Easter is just around the corner because my Easter stash of Peeps has diminished and I had to stock up on the Christmas ones after I ate all the Halloween ghost ones. So I guess that it is safe to say that the Peep addiction is not due to the pregnancy.....

On another note, I started a Recreational Cheer Squad ages 5-11 hopefully turn Competitve by next Fall, at AIM Gymnastics. It has been a lot of fun working with the girls and it is growing like crazy. We just had a half time performance last night and a demo at the Fun Meet this afternoon. The girls are so cute and have improved so much! Older girls are getting interested so our High School class starts next week. Hopefully next year I will just be the director of the competitive groups and I will have 3 different coaches to cover the classes for me because I want to be at home.... we'll see how it goes because I still plan on teaching the Preschool 3/4's Spanish next year.

5 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

you are one busy girl!! and holy cow you must have had a 55 pound baby, because you lost your weight FAST!!! you are always so skinny! and you still look like you are all baby!! isn't it funny the things we want to eat when we are pregnant and it seems we cant get enough. I use to eat toaster strudles!!! so so yummy!! and I don't think I have had one since I was pregnant, haha!!

Jenn O said...

Your cereal and peeps crack me up. I think it just means that Paisley will be extra sweet! :)

Those are some darn cute cheer kids! I didn't even see you get the one of them together on the bench. Is that a male cheerleader in the group? (You know he really wants to join, but thinks he'd have to wear a skort)

Deborah said...

haha, I so remeber those days. You are so funny, I dont know how you did it 55lbs wow. i gained 17lbs and thought that I was a beached whale. Do you have Beck cheering too? at least you will have a little girl to pass on all your wonderfull skills to.

Alisha Wilkins said...

I never eat cereal, but for some reason when I am preggo I CRAVE it! I eat it every morning without fail! ;)
And wow 55 lbs! I can't believe it! I felt like I was gonna die when I finished the pregnancy at 32 lbs!

Bethany said...

What is it about the cereal craving when your pregnant? Everyone i talk to has that same addiction during pregnancy. I can't believe you'd take the marshmallow matey's over the REAl deal. That box you gave me will be gone in just a few days.