Monday, February 9, 2009

My baby Beck

So today is my baby's 3rd birthday and as I type the word "3rd" I gasp! Yikes! Where in the crap did 3 years go? Then I remember the fat turkey thighs he was born with that I was so surprised to see, his first tooth around Papa Goose's birthday in November with the picture of him holding a birthday sign, he looked like a picture you would see at a dentist office of a kid with only 1 tooth. All the times I would just hold him as a baby and watch him grow, make sure to cut his fingernails with care... his first bath home from the hospital, I made my mother-in-law do it, I was so sure he would slip away from me. His first hair cut from his aunt Tiffanni where I seriously almost cried as he went from brown hair to reddish blond right before my eyes. Our trip to Las Vegas when he was 3 months old and he slept in the front pack as Stephen and I walked the strip. My fond memories of his first birthday party, loving his ice cream cake. The time he ate his first whole chicken nugget without me having to cut it. We were at the gym and he just picked it up and started eating it. Him learning to walk, he was so small, he really did look quite funny. While riding in the cart at Wal-Mart he always used to put his arm around the back of the seat like he was cool or something. Finally learning to talk and then it all came out in full sentences and paragraphs. (Yes, those are girl pijamas picture above) The way he pouts out his lip and knows that he's gonna get what he wants from me. When he runs away from me with that sly look on his face like, "there is no way you are gonna catch me." He was born on a Thursday at 7:09 PM at 8 lbs 13 ounces, I decided to name him Beck after he was born, because it sounded like a sturdy name and he was a lot bigger than we expected. I swear that kid drooled for the first 12 months of his life..... The things that he loves... movies, Lightning McQueen, "mom? you makin' me sumptin?" My little Beck, the kids at school still call him Baby Beck... running around like he owns the place. He's 3 today, growing up so fast, loving to run and play and drink his "choco milk" and "leche." Happy Birthday little guy, oh, um, I mean big kid.
Beck at 3 years old weighs 30.7 lbs, is 35 1/2 inches tall and his head is 20 1/4 inches around.
*Beck's 3 year old photos courtesy of J Olson Photography

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Beck!

Kathy’s Korner said...

No, he can't be three!!!!

Brit said...

Can we still call him baby beck???? I can't believe it is really been three years!!!

Deborama said...

Awwww that was so cute, took me through the whole three years! :) It made me cry, I wish I had a blog when my older kids were growing up! I forgot a lot! Happy Birthday Beckster!

Anonymous said...

What a cool post! I love that you have photos for all the things you talked about. Such a sweet boy, that Beck!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap!.... where does time go!? I remember I got to hold him right after he was born, I am so glad that I was living there for that and the weeks after!
He sure has gotten rid of some of that "baby" fat! hehe still a charmer!

The Peterson's said...

What a big little Fella! Three is a big number huh! Five is gonna be the killer! How did we get so old to have three year olds? I love that you posted so many different memories and moments, it was fun to read them all.