Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My sadness

My husband does this thing every summer where he warns me, warns me, warns me, and then one day he comes home and BAM! He has no hair. And every summer I feel like a small piece of my life has been stolen from me. I understand that it is just hair and yes, it grows back, but I happen to be very attached to his hair. I love his long curly hair and it is even better when he grows a beard. Which only happened twice a year and for a very short time. Christmas vacation and summer vacation at the cabin.... So he walked in the door last night and Beck was standing on the stairs going down and couldn't see him yet, but could hear him. He was talking to him and then he rounded the corner and saw him and said, "oh, that is not my dad" and RAN right back upstairs.
So Ashton decided that he wanted to be cool like Uncle Stephen and shaved his all off too. Stephen showed Beck this picture and tried to convince him to shave his head too, but Beck is a son after his mother's own heart and while pulling his hair forward says, "no, I like it down."

So I will admit that he still is a pretty attractive guy, but I can't wait for 6 more months when his curly hair is back. And if it doesn't grow back curly, then we may have to reevaluate our marriage. hehe.... :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks more like his one brother, not sure which one...
I think it is funny that Beck did not even recognize him!

Jana said...

Is he crazy???? One day he'll be bald and won't have a choice. Did you shave his head?

Marsha said...

It's a guy thing... maybe you should shave your hair when he does his?? He'd probably say okay!

tiff said...

Wow his hairdresser must be really good. Stephen is going through his mid light time.... haha. He can rock it so be glad. less shampoo right

Mindy said...

Oh, he should have kept the mohawk!!

SAYDA said...

Wow, I never realized how much your little princess looks like her dad. If you would put a picture of him without any hair and her by each other... it is like clones. Your little Beck looks more like you.

Faith said...

Well at least he'll be cooler for the summer .. I hope it grows back quickly for you!

SAYDA said...

By the way... our new address is
saydasjournal.blogspot.com

Since I use first names, I didn't want them connected to our last name.