Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hawaii

We are in Hawaii right now enjoying the sun and the cool breezes (along with sunburns). I was being brave (I am not such a fan of water and I hate fish!) and paddling out a ways into the ocean to look at the sea turtles more closely. My Beck was brave and was swimming in his life jacket and Pais with a floatie was swimming as well with her life jacket with Stephen and I was paddling next to them when I noticed a bumble bee out in the middle of the ocean (okay maybe 30 feet from shore) struggling in the open water and I felt bad for him and tried to get him onto my little board with my paddle, but it wasn't working very well, so I tried to scoop him up to save him from a terrible drowning death and I know he was just protecting himself, but the little booger STUNG ME! I pulled the stinger out and then threw him back in the water. Little booger got what was coming to him..... OUCH!!!!!

10 comments:

Ella said...

Thats so cool!!!Take lots of Pictures

Ella said...

Thats so cool!!!Take lots of Pictures

Ashton & Co. said...

Hope you guys are having fun!

Hall Family said...

Hope you're okay after that sting, but can I just say I HATE YOU right now! I wish I were in Hawaii

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

I'd have to agree with the Hall Family comment - sorry you got stung, but kinda hate you right now!!
LOL, luv ya girl!

Jess said...

Have Fun!!!!!

Lori said...

Enjoy it all!!! What a fun time for you.

tiff said...

just in case any of your neighbors read this they are going to rob you blind.... I finally updated my blog.... You better get my blog on the side of my moms..... What the heck are you thinking....?????? Are we friends or what? I needs to be at the top too......
Love ya tons

Tiffany Fackrell said...

soak up every last morsel of sun, sand, and ocean!! Oh so so fun, I LOVE hawaii!! and maybe you should just let the bumblees drowned I am pretty sure they won't go extinct!!

Deborama said...

I want to see some pictures! :) Have fun!