Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Does anyone else have a thing? Like a thing that just makes everything go away? Like if you are having a bad day, not too bad, but bad enough for you to think, man, when is it gonna end? Like it just seems like you can't catch up or catch a break. Not like terrible, like getting in a car wreck, or sleeping through a class or something, but just behind??? Like being 2 minutes late to teach a class, or jamming your finger on the counter and then running out of chocolate milk and almost hitting a deer on the way into town, just little things but they all seem to land in one day? Those days where it seems like the whole day is just one little mishap after another and it seems as though the whole thing is just going to blow up in your face at any minute, so just try and hang on? What is that things that gets you through it?
If I am late, behind, keep saying the wrong thing, feel rushed, I can crack open an ice cold mountain dew, and it seems as though, I may just make it. It seems so frivolous, and so silly and just plain weird at the same time. To depend on a caffeinated beverage that really is not any good for you? To just start salivating when I hear a can open, it's ridiculous, but man, it sure is true. What is your pick me up? What is your "I can make it?"

12 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I take a nice LONG WARM bath. actually I just took one last night!! I seriously just think when all of this is over I can get in the bath and not think about a thing!!! It didn't use to be a bath, but now that i have a nice big jetted tub it does wonders for the soul!!!!

P.S. I am kinda sad I won't see your stinkin adorable kiddos at church anymore when we visit!!! Well and you and stephen too.

Cassidy said...

hahahaa. My thing is Dr. Pepper. True story. It helps SOOO MUCH. Totally like your Mt.Dew

Kathy’s Korner said...

A nap

Black Family said...

oh this is so my day today....last night jaida was not feeling well and was up most the night i went to go get her and my foot got caught in one of her toys i kept walking and could not get it out then twisted my ankle and fell to the ground and it has just gotten worse....i just keep thinking uggg i need some sort of break here....or something to get me going again....i feel ya...i wish you lived here so we could leave our kids with our husbands tonight and go to a fun movie and eat lots of popcorn! miss ya!

Deborama said...

I hum my favorite hymn or say a prayer. jk, I smoke pot, jk

Mindy said...

...a Fuzzy, Warm blanket and a movie!

Rachel Smith said...

I don't have a thing, but I sure need one! I just love naptime, It saves my sanity every day!

Tamara said...

A huge bag of M & M's....does the trick for me every time.

jenicaheslop said...

hmmm....A girls night??? Heard of Shari's? I hear they make good milkshakes, unlimited mt. dew, and they have this really nice waitress who lets us stay as long as we want! Usually friends and food do it for me :)

love ya chica!

twylla said...

Oh Korbi you need to write a book or at least a story. I know you would be published. Just thinktomorrow is a new day and things will be better.

Stephen Ashton said...

Yeah I better not say what mine is...

Kortni said...

OK. I get why you were about ready to disown me when I took your first drink of Mtn. Dew. I still think you should forgive me because I actually bought you that huge Mtn. Dew container that is in this said pic.