Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving dinner was held at brother-in-law Todd's house. The night before all the adults came to our house for game night. We played this game called "Things." It was pretty fun. The next morning I started the ham and the bean casserole. with poor results, so we made it to dinner Othello almost late, but we did make it.

The kids didn't really eat much. Just jello and rolls pretty much. I think that most kids are like that, but I still stick a little of everything on their plates in hopes that they just may try it.Stephen and his dinner and his iPhone.After dinner we rented the Theatre in Othello and watched UP. It was fun to have it all to ourselves. My kids ran around a little bit but it was fun to see them sitting in their boosters at the beginning of the movie. Such a cute movie too. Thursday morning Stephen decided to get up early and go shopping for Black Friday. I haven't had a dryer for almost 3 weeks and he fiddled with for a bit, but couldn't figure out what was wrong, but he found a washer and dryer on sale at Sears for Black Friday, so decided to go and try for it. We went to bed about midnight and he got up about 3:30 and then about 15 minutes later I heard my cat run in and hit my door. I thought that Stephen was being nice and letting him stay in side while he was gone, but then Stephen came running in yelling for my help. Turns out he started the truck (Bob and Ann's truck that we borrowed the night before to haul the washer and dryer) and my cat Racer/Chancho/Patrick/Bumblebee (whatever Beck wants to call him for the day) was inside the truck. So he was running around inside with half his tail hanging by a "string" and a gash in his side. Blodd all over my new carpet.... Ugh.... We caught the shocked thing downstairs and then Stephen took my car instead because the belt had fallen off of the truck. So while he was fighting crowds shopping for almost everything that he went for I was at home trying to comfort a spooked cat with half a taill who was bleeding all over my bathroom. I bandaged his tail up the best I could and called the Emergency vet to make sure they were open in the morning. Stephen came home about 6:30. I helped unload our loot, then by 7:30 I was out the door with cat in carrier to reach the vet by 8:00. Almost $300 later, bandaged cat is staying at vet over night, neutered, and half a tail left. (Short story about the vet bill; Stephen and I agreed that under $200 was our limit if even that, with the cat and if it was close or more than put him down. Sad I know, I may have animal lovers after me, but that is what we decided. $200 is a lot for a cat, when yes, we do love him, and yes, he is a good cat, but... well, I will just stop there. You can't hate me because the scary vet lady treated me like an animal killer when I told her that was a bit more than we were willing to spend to save the cat ($300 to amputate a tail?? I can just hear my father now... "take some fingernail clippers and clip off the "string" and if he lives, he lives...) anyways, the scary lady pretty much just said, whatever I am doing it, you'll get a bill.) and can you believe that through that whole ordeal with the cat, the belt off the truck, and the shopping and unloading and "cat with partially severed tail" internet searches at 5 am that my kids slept through the whole night? I about died. The fist night in like forever and I was up all night anyways! LOL, makes me chuckle with craziness! So anyways, we got most of the loot, some friends came over early and put belt back on truck, and after cat was safely at vet we went shopping at Lowes too. Then home to shower and recuperate and off to Othello again.Patrick/Bumblebee/Racer at home on full "bed rest" on pain killers and antibiotics I have to give him 2X a day..... Good thing is I did laundry all day yesterday and satyed up til 1 am folding it and all my laundry from the past 3 weeks in DONE!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!Even though our church starts at 12:30 now that we have moved into the new ward, we are still late. I was determined to take some pictures for Christmas cards if we ever send any out, but too bad, this is all we got, nothing usable, but it got Stephen and I in enough of a bad mood to head to church late anyways.... I still think that if he would have just let me set the timer and take 10 at once we could have got at least one good picture... :)

Even though we are all torked off, Paisley is crying for her bottle, we are late for church, and my bangs look like that weird seagull hairdo from Chandler's past on the show Friends, we have to bend down because we are using a timer and it is set on the rail post, and Beck hates how I made his hair "stand up" we still are pretty dang cute right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe... YOur bangs DO look like Chandler's!!!

Sorry about the rough day!

Deborama said...

Wow! that is a lot of stuff, and you left out half of it, rollerskating, eatza pizza. That poor cat with the nub of a tail! I love your pics on your balcony! Better than our attempts this year!

Ty Robbins said...

Oh my! What an eventful weekend! Sorry about you kitty. It sounds like it had a hard time.

Jana said...

First of all I'm impressed that you guys used paper plates. I always try to get Terry to give in but he insists on real plates. We NEVER have Jello - can't stand it. I personally like the first picture of the kids - shows their true personality. And are you CRAZY? $300 for a cat. My uncle puts a rubber band around their tail to bob it - he would have done it for free. It's a hard decision when your kids are so attached to their pet. Katelin made us feel guilty and said she wanted Jack's surgery for Christmas one year. I told her if the dog died on the table I was going to put the dead dog under the tree - but luckily he survived.

jenica heslop said...

Chica Bonita! korbi. always Chica Bonita. :)

Maybe I'll use your banister???
Still have not done my holiday pics:(