Thursday, February 4, 2010

Everyone around me is sick. Stephen is just getting over it, I feel it coming on. Kids are dropping like flies down at the school and gymnastics center. My kids have boogie noses.... So even with a cute smile like that on Pais's face as she eats one of her favorite snacks, I can't help but cringe at the sight of the boogie nose. Not that it's nasty (although it is) but that fact of "is it coming?" The real sickies, the barf, the bum, the swollen eyes, the fitless sleep filled with fevers and sweats and chills? Oh man, I sure hope it skips my kids.... But while daddy spends days in bed we made blueberry pancakes, a favorite of beck's, and went to school, and about our lives as Stephen laid in bed miserable. Happy to know that he is back on his feet and crossing my fingers that it skips the rest of the family....

At school today we had a special speaker "Mr. Carlos" aka Chuck. He build houses and he came and talked to the kids and let them drill screws into a board and gave them all their own ear plugs. It was so fun and the kids were super into it. Me and Mindy needed that because man, this past week, bless their hearts, it has not been easy. It's like they can feel the Spring in their bones and they run and jump and scream and fight because all they wanna do is be set free. Which reminds of a quick story.

I have a hard time at school if some of the kids don't wanna stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. I understand that they are only 3 and 4 years old, but I want them to learn how to respect the flag and what it stands for. So I have been trying to teach them what it stands for. Today I had been asking them what they like to do? "ride bikes, eat food, play with friends." Were typical answers, so I was explaining that those are freedoms and we get to choose what we want to do, what we want to eat, who we want to play with and we owe that to soldiers and people who have stood up for us and sometimes not been able to return home to their families, so that we can have these freedoms. So anyways on the way to Warden to switch my sis-in-law for my Paisley and her Ashton, Ashton finished his nachos and he says, "Here Korbi, I finished my nachos because this is America and I can!" LOL Seriously, if it were all that easy.... And ladies and gentlemen, it is "all about the Climb...."

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh Ashton, he is too cute! See, the kids are really listening, they are just multi-tasking!