Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another one bites the dust...

I was so excited for tonight. I didn't have to teach gym, I was gonna finish cutting up my circles for the quilt.... I was frying up some tortilla cinnamon crispies for the class Cinco de Mayo party, dinner was ready and waiting for the kids while they ran around in their skibbies and then WHAM! Pais hit the corner of the coffee table and came running at me as I watched the knot above her eye swell as big as, well, I wanna say a golf ball, but it probably wasn't that big, and as always, pictures don't do it justice. So I flipped off the stove (ruined my dinner) and deep fryer, hurriedly dressed the kids in whatever clothes I could find (Pais was wearing a grey, black, and red Dalmatian shirt with purple pants and flip flops) and we headed to the clinic. I tried to call a Dr. friend that lives down the road, but she was in town, then I realized that the clinic was still open and I didn't have to go to the ER. I knew she wasn't dying, but head injuries scare the crap out of me (yes, Kortni, that was for you) so I headed to the clinic and passed Melanie Moody, a nurse in my ward, while she was jogging with her daughter. I flipped a uey(?) and she checked out Pais's eye. She let Melanie touch it, and Miss Moody aka HELLLLO DOLLY! (from stake play) said to be safe take her in....
At the clinic Pais was showing me her hurt eye, so Beck wanted a picture taken with his "hurt" eye too...An hour and a half later, she's fine. As usual watch for vomiting, laziness, blah, blah. Just gotta be safe ya know? Hope our new insurance covers some if it??I love you my little Quasimodo...

9 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Oh...poor girl! I swear, I've never known a kid to have more black eyes then Paisley!

I think it looks bad, so if pictures aren't doing it justice, I can't imagine the real thing!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

poor girl. I agree the pictures look bad so it must have been really bad! although, she doesn't look to concerned in the pics...was she?

Korbi said...

she only cried for a minute or two. She keeps touching it and making a sad face, but I think that she just can't figure out why there is a big bubble over her eye??

Jana said...

Luckily she didn't break the skin open because there is nothing more bloody than a head wound! When Katelin cracked her head open I had blood all over the front of my shirt - Terry thought I had been shot. Tell Beck his eye is looking pretty good for it being so hurt.

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh poor baby! I think everyone has a pic like that in their childhood, right? :)

Anonymous said...

When Jake was almost 1 he battle my moms coffee table. It was nasty, golf ball bump with a little cut. It was black, yellow green and purple for weeks! I hope that Pais knows how tuff she looks!!!

Anonymous said...

a good ice cream cone would do the trick

Ann Ashton said...

OUCH OUCH!!!! Give her a kiss from Grandma Ann. Hope she is doing okay!!

twylla said...

so very sorrry little one. My we do get bumps and bruisees when we are so litttle and we all feel so bad for you. glad it was not really bad sicj a ;ottt;e dp;;