Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eye Update, milestones, and projects...

Paisley's eye has been healing/looking uglier. She bumped it today and it made her cry, but other than that it hasn't been half bad, she gets lots of sympathy and hugs...
Black eye progression...This is where we're at with church tomorrow, nothing better to make me feel like the Mother of the Year on Mother's Day right?!?!?
Today while the kids and I were outside enjoying the nice weather, Paisley learned to push her feet on the trike pedals to make it go forward. I am proud to say that Beck taught her. He was so excited, he was like "push with one, then with two... Mom! Paisley's doing it!"
Also today I decided to tackle some of the projects that have been piling up in my garage. I LOVE craigslist and yard sales and when I see something, I tend to not wait, or it will be gone, so until the world gets the memo that we need more time in a day, it may be a while until I get to all these projects, much to Stephen's disgust. But I feel like I accomplished a bit and if I hadn't of run out of glaze and I did NOT want to take the kids to town again, I think that I would have actually finished them all.
I got these stools from my friend Jessica because she got some new ones from one of her friends.

This coat rack/key rack we got from our wedding from someone. It just looked plain and as soon as I get the hallway done (decorated, I have some huge!! magnet boards in the works) it will fit in just nicely. This chair is from a yard sale 2 weeks ago for $2This small table I got also from a yard sale last weekend for $3 The last chair is the blue one above and just needs glaze and protective coat and the pink table as well. I already made the cushion for the blue chair and it is also black and white made out of the same material as the bar stools. And yes, our house majorly smells like spray paint...

3 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah for Paisley and an even bigger yeah for Beck for being such a great big brother and teaching her. Not sure where you come up with all the colors. It would intimidate me a little (lot) to be so bold with colors. Good thing everyone knows you are such a good mom or someone might call Child Services on you for that black eye!

Jess said...

LOVE love LOVE those chairs!! you are amazing, I want your energy minus the mt. Dew ;)Poor Pais, gotta love those black eyes for school pictures! I think the first time I met you, you had a black eye & blue hair! You just love color :)

Sara said...

SO CUTE!!! i wanna go yard sale shopping! i love the color scheme.