Monday, February 7, 2011

Paisley has a few habits that drive me bonkers. Don't get me wrong, of course I love my baby girl, but I seriously could pull my hair out sometimes. If you have ever been to my house, you know that I like, scratch that, love stuff. I have tons of stuff! I am by far anything close to a minimalist. But I have an order to my stuff. Rubber bands go in upper right desk drawer, blankets go in old trunk or at foot of kids' beds, kids shoes go in front closet... Etc etc. So if something gets out of place, I go slightly beserk. Like if "someone" opens up a package and then just leaves the envelope/tape on the counter, I'm like "garbage goes in the garbage people!" right? Why can't everything just be put back where it goes? Why leave scissors lying on counter, why not put them in the envelope sorter where they go? I don't understand it! Which brings me to my sweet little Paisley...
My toy room has labeled bins where all the toys that are alike go in their designated box. There are pictures on the front, so that the kids know exactly where stuff goes. I'm actually quite anal about it. This is obviously not a new concept, if kids are wanting to play with legos, they are in the Lego box, if they wanna play with littlest pet shops, they are in that box. Why when its clean up time would you put them somewhere different and then not be able to find them?


So back to Paisley. She LOVES to carry around random things in a basket. She pulls out like 6-7 princesses, throws in a Power Ranger, and a Boots the monkey, and she totes them around. Drives. Me. Crazy. To no end. Absolutely bonkers. I try and put them back all day long, but I always find more. In a sack under her pillow, in a ziploc baggie in my bathroom.... You get the idea. I understand it's cute, I get it, but it doesn't change the fact that it bugs me :)


But then again; she's just so darn cute, even if she is sleeping with a tiny puppy the size of a quarter clenched in her tiny fish and a baggie full of pirate coins and the Little Mermaid in the other.



5 comments:

Cassidy said...

hahaaa. If my husband read this, he'd be in shock that there is someone else out there JUST LIKE ME! Drives me crazy too. I have to have order. haha.
So funny. She is so cute.

JennO said...

Seriously. If anyone put anything away where it belonged I'd be in heaven. I completely understand where you're coming from..but she is completely adorable!

Jana said...

Don't worry - as you get older you won't be so anal about things! I used to be the same way. I came home from work one day and the kids had all their toys on the front lawn and they had left with their dad. I came into the house quite upset - threw Katelin's door open and the handel went through the wall. When Terry came home I gold him not to say a word about the hole and just fix it!

SAYDA said...

Wow, your children have grown so much. I'm so sorry about your mom Korbi. She is a strong "girl" and I'm sure she'll pull through this. Cancer! I hate it! I know it must be tough to be so far away. That is why Giselle moved back. It's because of everything her dad was going through. So I know what you're feeling. I also know that whether you live here or wherever you are, your heart is with her and she know that. Give her my love.

Megan said...

It's a girl thing and it doesn't get better. at my house times her by 3 and soon by 4 and you'll understand why I hate going in my playroom now. I can never get it to be as clean as I like and stay that way. I have given up. Good luck with the fight. And Paisley is darn cute!