Friday, February 25, 2011

Today was one of those really awful days. We had dentist appointments at 7 am at Dr. Harders office of Family Dentistry for free dental for kids day. And even at 7 am I am not going to complain about free dental work. My poor children have inherited my teeth. Brush away and cavities will still rear their ugly heads! Beck was first and was quite brave. Through Becks entire time Paisley was whining "me want go home now!" crying, boobing, you name it. She was not happy and did not want to sit in that dental chair. Then it was her turn and she screamed thru the entire thing. All the dentist did was count her teeth and put flouride on them. She has the beginnings of three cavities right in front.... :(


Then it was Becks turn again. Have you ever seen a movie or show where someone is tortured and they are ripping their finger nails out? (24, V?) well, that is what Beck acted like they were doing to him. This is him with some laughing gas, which technically did nothing but make him crazier.


I didn't get a picture after she started digging in his mouth because between the blood flying, feet flailing, and both hands and the full weight of my body needed to control him, I had dropped my phone. So no pics or video of the chaos... He seriously kicked the dentist. Wow. 2 crowns and one cavity. She stopped after the first crown and filling and took a break. She asked if I was game to finish. I must have looked on the verge of a mental break down, but I was like heck if we don't do it now then we will never make it back. So she stabbed him with 3 needles of numbing stuff and away she went drilling right through his tooth. Blood curdling screams and cries heard all the way outside. I felt so bad I went and got a fruit platter and a plant for that poor dentist and the office... I'm surprised any of the kids agreed to go back there after hearing all that.


See how swollen his left cheek still is? And that's 9 hours later. He says he hated the "bridge" thing they stuck in his mouth to keep him from biting the dentist. And I thought maybe it was how she hacked off two teeth and glued crazy things to his mouth or the blood dripping out, but no, he just didn't like the bridge thing. Wow. Poor thing and POOR dentist!!!!!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Oh the dentist. I'm on Beck's side. I hate going there!
Did Beck get white or silver crowns?? I just took Carter to the Dentist (he has my teeth too, so your kids aren't the only ones inheriting bad teeth) and he had to have a crown in too. It's silver. She said they didn't make white crowns. Just wondering.

The Peterson's said...

Awe poor little dude. That's aweful. McCoy just had a dentist visit last week and Glade had to take him. Glade pretty much described to me just what you said, blood flying and him holding McCoy down while he screamed. I know I'm gonna have a heck of time getting him back there now! Good luck with Becks in the future. Hope his swelliing goes down soon poor fella.

Korbi said...

They are silver crowns. Beck has two white crowns on his two front teeth, but they are silver on the backs of them. So u see white, but if he tilts his head back they are silver...