Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Never Knew

I have never really liked the Winnie the Pooh character, or Mickey Mouse shirts or Pluto slippers. I didn't really understand why people would dress their children in these characters, I thought it was silly. I am not trying to attack anyone's character, I just don't really like "character" clothes. It's fine if you don't like rainbows or you think that scrapbooking is for weirdos, I don't mine, but I love it! So anyways, I was totally against this character charade and dressing your children in it or doing their whole room in a Mickey Mouse theme, but then along came Beck. My litt;e man, my little Lightening McQueen lover. He calls them Queens. There are Mama Queens and Daddy Queens, they are his "Ween cars." and he loves them. Of course it started out with the movie, but has moved on to his apparel, his pillowcase, pillows, socks, the cars at Wal-Mart that are $2.97, and yes, I do search for the ones that he has not collected yet. Like the infamous Mater that took me forever to find and my mom found one in Burley and sent it to him. I get giddy when I find Lightning McQueen silverware or water bottles or Car crayons from Target. I don't know when it really started, but I know that Christmas last year was a big thing because I found a whole bunch of $1.00 Car stuff at Target and stocked up. Beck also enjoys Thomas the tank engine trains and has collected quite a few of them as well. I always ask him what he wants to wear and he says "Ween!" (Lightening McQueen shirt) He has two Queen T-shirts, one that actually lights up and a tank top courtesy of our friend Jessica. He used to want to carry his Queen cars around with him everywhere, so I made him a bag out of Cars material to put them in and it says "Beck's Queens" on it. So that brings me to this crayon wrap that I made today that a friend posted a tutorial on our Craft Blog. I used the left over material from his Queen bag I had previously made, which started my sewing addiction by the way. When I gave it to him he said, "Ween!" and he didn't even know what it was. Then as he was unrolling it he said, "Wow..." Yeah, he likes it, go me! I am the coolest mom ever and my name is Korbi and I am a "Character" lover because it makes my boy smile.......

11 comments:

Deborama said...

that is so funny! I love to hear all "first time moms" say they will NEVER let their kids wear character shoes or shirts! :) Im so old it was the Lion King that got us started. Cute crayon bag, you would think you have all the time in the world with all that you do, but I know you don't! How do you do it all?

Cederberg Family said...

Korbi it turned out awesome!

Rachel Smith said...

Amen to that...I was laughing so hard because i'm the same...hate the charachters! But whatever makes em smile huh!

Ashton & Co. said...

that is such a great idea! Good job! i love those pics of paisley down below. I think the striped outfit looks familiar! :) love the video, too. What cute kids you have!

Brit said...

You are crazy!!!! I just never knew you were so crafty and I am so jealous

Nat & Joe said...

Hmmm. I am just going to say Ditto to all of that!!!! Only my little guy likes Elmo...and he's never even watched sesame street. Is it even still airing???

The Peterson's said...

Korbs you are so funny, cute and adorable! I love all the crafty things you do - you are amazing with your time! We have the same addiction with cars! P.S. Target has the cutest Lighting McQueen Crock type shoes. Big hit with all the little fellas in Macs play group! Boys and their toys. They all like the same... Cars and Trains!

Sommers said...

Happy Birthday to You!!! Hope you had a GREAT day!!

Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! Hope it was a good one :) So where are you on the book???? I am so going crazy and LOVING every minute of it!!!!!

John and Melanie said...

Korbi--I left a comment, which is very unsound grammatically but totally from the heart, on your memory lane section. I just wanted to see if you will be in B-town during Fair week, because you know we are there all week long! If not I will have to be happy just telling stories about how your and Jake's smiles consistently defeated my superior showmanship in the pig showing contest. While it won't be the same as seeing ya'all it will still be pretty fun.

Portia, Jake, Conner, & Jaden said...

ohhhhh you are so me...thanks for the jeads up...I guess I will enjoy Conner while he is not into characters yet lol!!!!! You are so crafty!!!!! And thanks so much for the present you dropped off! We need to get together! Jaden and Conner loved it! Conner always wants to wera the pjs you got him xoxoxox