Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mutual at the Gym

Paisley is finally learning to eat with a spoon. I don't know why I hadn't given her one sooner, she's my baby I guess, but Beck is three and he's still my baby, so you can see that I have a problem... :) Last night a group from our ward had mutual at the gymnastics center. Paisley spent most of her evening showing off her new trick of going backwards down the edge of the floor. She thinks that she is pretty hot stuff. I also think that she likes to stand up because it makes her feel so big! My niece, Hanna, got to do some demos for the mutual kids ans she did really well. I am pretty sure that she loves to soak up the attention. :)yes, this is Stephen, him and his 31 years, just trying to be a kid in his slacks and all. Pais and her daddy....Beck is also pretty hot stuff down at the gym. He is in a mini hot shot class which he loves. He is the only boy, but I don't think that he has noticed yet. Yes, sometimes my heart does skip a beat when I turn and see this...The gym's story: I moved here in 2003 and began coaching at Bounce Gymnastics Center. Kortni was working there and running rec classes and trying to keep the team going. The previous owner had left due to a run in with the law and some parents had bought it, so that their daughter could continue competing there. Kortni got tangled up in it after agreeing to help out and teach a few classes. So then when I moved here I started too. I also took over teaching a Spanish playgroup in her living room, but then it grew too big, so we moved it to the gym and ran summer camps and a small class. The parent owners got out and 2 different parent owners and Kortni and Brandon bought it, then the other two parents owners got out too after our lease was up and we moved to where we are located now, bringing the school with us and calling it AIM School and Gymnastics. The school has grown to over 5 preschool classes, parent-tot, a kindergarten, after-school Spanish, and a gymnastics program of over 350 kids. Then it was a whole different group of owners in a gal named Kathryn, Kortni, Janell, and me. Then Kathryn moved and Janell got out, but still works there a little bit and coaches the Ephrata division, so now it's just me and Kortni and I just own a tiny little bit and that makes it ok because I don't have to live there and Beck and Pais can do any gymnastics or school that they want! You'd think after all these years that we'd have it under control, and we do what we can, but I think back to all that we used to do. Kortni practically sleeping there and me there when I drove over from Othello at 7Am attended classes and then to the gym until getting home after 10 at night. We always joke about not getting paychecks and working for kitchen appliances, but watching Beck run around last night and being so proud of his tricks and wanting to show his dad... Yeah, it's been a bumpy road, but memories aren't always joyful are they? :) (Kortni, did I get it all right?)
Speaking of not very joyful, this is my poor baby Beck's face that one day he is going to kill me for writing about this, but it is our life and this is my journal, but yes, we are still potty training and the last three days have been pretty successful, but the poor kid HATES going poo. He has really bad bouts of constipation and that is the only thing that he associates this bodily function with; pain. Poor guy, he just makes my heart break. He holds it and holds it and this is the face that I end up with and he thinks that it's my fault for making him sit there on the throne. I love you Beck and I promise that I am not trying to make you cry!

4 comments:

hennchix said...

Hey,Korbi! Thanks for letting the mia maids and teachers come play last nite, Adam had a great time. If you feed Beck apple juice a couple of times a day, the constipation problem will get better.

Jana said...

Jennica and Katelin are 27 and 23 and they are still my babies - in fact I say love you baby all the time. Jennica had the same problem but we would have to put a diaper on her and she would hide in the closet. He is probably constipated because he holds it so long. They do grow out of it eventually. Don't worry - it only scars them for life. (Ask Jennica). The gym looks like such a fun place for the kids.

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

I understand the pain Beck is having - my two oldest had it too. Give me a call, and we'll chat about some solution ideas!

Ashton & Co. said...

What sweet pics! Love the one of Stephen kissing Pais. Too cute! Your lucky to be a gymnast, I always wanted to be!