Saturday, March 28, 2009

We are in Idaho!

Me and the kids headed to Idaho to visit my twin Jakobi and hopefully put her into labor with her little girl. She is due on April 1st! We arrived at about 6 last night having left Moses at about 10:30 in the morning with only 1 stop in La Grande at the McDonalds to eat and play and 2 potty stops on the side of the road for Beck. Knock on wood the potty training has been going really well, even with a visit to the zoo today, no accidents! And as I said, Knock on Wood!! Last night was pretty crappy with the kids not going to sleep until late and up off and on for most of the night, but what you expect in a new place? But I did get to watch Twilight!!! This morning we went to the Boise Zoo and Beck was so excited and kept jumping in and out of the stroller that we borrowed to "see more aminals." He wouldn't stay too long at one before he was ready to move on, but I consider it a success by all of his smiles and excitement. I think that he liked the penguins the most and also "Marty" the zebra. He kept yelling at the giraffe to go back to Madagascar. Pais was just happy to be outside and very content with just sitting in the stroller. She was in love with the carousel. She kept making these "oooh" sounds as she went up and down. All the 2 hours of walking around did not put Jake into labor yet, only time will tell I guess. :) Poor thing, Beck was very intrigued by her big belly and said things like, "It's just too big, it needs to come out," "It's too hot," "It's this big!" holding his arms out as far as they would go. We are excited to be here visiting Jake and also we got to see my little brother, kalan, who came out for dinner last night and we visited his little "office" where he does his schooling after we left the zoo. Hopefully we will see him again, and hopefully this little baby girl Conley comes because Jake is uncomfortably quite large, and I can say that because I have been large and pregnant before. :)

6 comments:

Teri said...

We love Idaho! April 1st is a great day to be born...that's Taybree's b-day :) Anyhow...hope you guys are having fun!

Nat & Joe said...

Korbi, that is so weird. I have a pregnant twin in Boise too, and she is due any day. We are living parallel lives. I have a toddler boy and a baby girl, except I suck at sewing and most crafts. I have been wanting to ask you though, how did you learn to sew??? Oh and I didn't know there is a zoo in Boise, I am going there in a few days when caralee has her baby.

Jana said...

Hope Jakobi has the baby while you are there. I didn't know that Boise had a zoo either. How long are you staying? I was thinking of getting Beck some "Cars" underwear but noticed that is exactly what he was wearing in Jakobi's post. I should have known he would already have these.

Autumn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nat & Joe said...

Actually my twin lives in Nampa too, lol

Deborama said...

How fun! Her tummy looks so cute with Beck touching it! Tell her good luck! Have a fun spring break! Drive safe.