Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scrap Quilt

Remember this post? How I won all those scraps from Miss Dana over at Old Red Barn Company? Well, this is what I came up with and I LOVE IT! I was totally going to give it to someone when I first started it, but I have a REALLY hard time giving stuff away when I like it so much, call me selfish. I love all the girly prints and bright colors. I have always wanted a mostly white quilt and now I have it! Now I just wish it was BIG! I had been working on a wonky log cabin pattern for Paisley, but now I gave her this one and will just make the wonky clog cabin one bigger for a throw for the couch or something......I also am obsessed with knitting and this hat I was also going to give away, I even had it in my church bag in case I ran into the gal, but it was cold when we left, so I stuck it on Pais's head and she looked so darn cute, well, I kept it. Now if she would just wear it. I have had a hat and/or bow on that girl's head since the day she was born, but now she has decided that she doesn't like hats anymore, good thing the weather is warming up! So this is Beck modeling her hat for me. Knitting is so calming, I love doing it while we are driving because Stephen drives, so I get to knit and don't get car sick from reading. Although it is VERY frustrating when I can't figure a stitch out and I have to keep starting over or something... or the kids need something and I have to keep turning around and stitched fall off or something! Argh!
Here is a video of one of Paisley's most favorite things to do. My mom made her this tin bucket with the buttons and she just thinks that it is the coolest thing. She is so good at pointing out what she wants, her little pointer finger gets a big work out everyday!

14 comments:

Teri said...

WoW! Korbi...I really love seeing all of your projects. You are one talented girl!

Love the quilt...love the hat... Love that little Paisley who's about to turn 1!!!! Can you believe it?! She's adorable!

And yes...that is the sister you met in Sun Valley...Shea.

Hope you are doing great! I haven't talked to you in a while!

Jess said...

Korbi, you are just too talented!! Could you please pass some talent my way :) The quilt is too cute and the hat is AWESOME! Any luck on finding the giant buttons yet??? I totally want some!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I am glad you keep things for yourself! Mostly because then when you tire of them I can have them!

Deborama said...

Wow! Your so impressive! I LOVE that button bucket too! How cute! Me and Rin will have to make some.

Jenn O said...

Your quilt(s) are gorgeous!!! I love them both and am totally hooked on 'wonky log cabin'. :)

The hat is so darling, too! Stripes!! I love it.

That Girl said...

Fabulousness. LOVE the wonky log cabin quilt - I've never seen that before! I did a log cabin quilt for my second son and it is my favorite by far.

Jana said...

When Paisley is a teenager it probably won't be the pointer finger getting the work out. Terry and I both think you are so darn crafty. I'm not sure why my girls never got the craft gene. Katelin does want to learn how to knit so she has something to do while watching TV but has no one to show her.

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

Those are sooooo cute! It makes me REALLY want a sewing machine, but apparently my hints for the last two years haven't worked yet...Argh!
Sorry, no monkey blanket here (even though I would be tempted to keep it.....)

Kristen said...

love the video. So cute. I love those baby words...she knows exactly what she wants!

Black Family said...

Have to be honest with you....not so into quilts...but that is the coolest quilt I have EVER seen.....LOVE IT!!! Great job!

John and Kassie said...

Wow Korbi! Look at you crafty chick! I love the white rag blanket and I admire anyone who can knit anything -- let alone a darling hat, love the stipe ties you are amazing and I can't believe how big your kids are getting -- Paisley looks just like her beautiful mommy! Have a great week --Kassie

Cederberg Family said...

You are so crafty!! I always love your projects!!

Bethany said...

I wanna be like you.

twylla said...

My goodness you are really a little Suzie Homemaker or Martha Stewart. I dont know which or else a combination of both. I do love the hat. Kids need hats that cover their ears in the springtime. They think it is warm but the air hurts thieir ears and they need to kiip them warm. My the kids are so cute