Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bum fingers and Santa Claus!

My week started out pretty crappy and I am trying to find the good parts. My body has taken a turn for the worse, slowly giving up on me... Saturday I twisted my knuckle ( my own diagnosis) while trying to carry the podium at the gymnastics place after a very smooth running Fun Meet (see Kortni, we can survive when you are gone! :) I thought it was just gonna hurt for a minute, but it kept hurting and then swelling bigger and bigger. I taped it, so that I wouldn't move it (because I'm a baby and it hurt) But I'm glad that I never went in because now it doesn't hurt so much and it's only black and blue, no more swelling.So to add to my bum finger, blister from Paisley nursing (whole nother story) I now have ANOTHER bum finger (different hand) after slamming it in the car door at Wal-Mart on Monday. Man, that one hurt like a mother! After a full day of throbbing and lots of pressure, at 1 in the morning I finally got on the internet after I had convinced myself that all the tiny bones in my finger had been smashed to smithereens..... I heated up a paper clip and melted a hole in my nail to relieve some blood and pressure and Wow la! Relief! It still throbs, but man, it felt so much better and I can now go about my daily business.... The 6th ward Christmas party was a talent show and after Beck got in a fight with another toddler on stage while singing Jingle Bells, with the nursery, him and Paisley got to see Santa Claus. Paisley just kind of stared and played with her rattle and it was right after the fight, so Beck wasn't the happiest camper.Good think he's already getting a bunch of presents this year! After the ward Christmas party I went to Michael's on the Lake for dinner with some friends from a play group that we've had going for 2 years. I believe that all in attendance are the original play groupers. We have grown to be quite a large group (at times) with girl's coming and going. We meet at each other's houses in the winter and the at the park in the summer. It's lots of fun and it been also fun to meet new people.Katie Roylance, Jenica Heslop, Bethany Jenks, Amber Jenks, and KorbiBeck and his Grandpa Bobby Boy at Bob and Ann's house in Othello last night for a Family Home Evening.
And one more picture of Paisley, just cause she's cute! :)

2 comments:

Teri said...

Very impressive Korbi...never would have thought of that home remidy to help relieve some pain! I'm glad it helped. I LOVE Paisley's dress. Your kids are as cute as ever! Looks like you girls had fun at Michaels! Thanks for letting me come to some of your playgroups. It's been fun getting to know more girls around here. You guys are a lot of fun!

Lara said...

Those pictures with santa are so beyond precious. I can't handle it.