Friday, December 12, 2008

Relief Society

Last night was our Relief Society Christmas Dinner and we were supposed to dress up "fancy." Stephen says that my black shoes didn't match my white dress and I tried to explain that your shoes don't have to be the same color as your dress, I could have worn turquoise shoes right? Or am I wrong? Am I so off on my fashion that I have no idea. I wonder what people think of me when I wear a turquoise cardigan, pink shirt underneath and then multicolored tennis shoes? Am I crazy? Seriously, mark your comment as "anonymous" and let me know because the odds are that I probably have no idea. :) And by this picture and how sharp my cutie hubby is looking, he's probably right, but I really just didn't want to wear my white summer heels, I mean it was freezing outside! Anyways, it was a way yummy dinner, kudos to the 6th ward Relief Society for an adult night out and peace of mind that my babies were only just right down the hall in the Primary Room. :) pictured left to right: Stephen, Korbi, Jessica and Dallas Croft, Rory and Kathy Kolste, Chris and Monte Bowen.
And also... YEAH! Our first snow! I was starting to lose hope in thinking that it would be one of those winters with no snow, just coldness, but here it is in all it's glory and boy, was Beck ever excited. He threw on his coat and pulled open the door and ran outside before I could even grab my camera.

10 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

way cute pics of you two! Sounds like a fun night! Glad to see some snow! :)

Cassidy said...

I think your shoes sound fine. Besides, aren't you wearing a black sweater? Turquoise shoes would've been fun.

Korbi said...

I put the black sweater on because he was making fun of my shoes.... ;)

Anonymous said...

You are exactly right about the shoes! Your shoes don't have to match exactly especially when you are wearing neutral colors like black and white. It spruces up the outfit so it isn't so matchy-matchy! :)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

you should make him watch what not to wear on TLC, he will quickly find out that your shoes can be many different colors. I think any color would have been fine with a white dress. I wore a black dress tonight with red shoes!!!! You always look cute! Color is good too!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Snow!!

I'm sure whatever you wore, you looked fantastic!

twylla said...

It is nice to get to dress up and go out like to a real fancy affair like a Relief Society Dinner. They are the best. Besides you both look great. As usual the kids look great even with snow and a mashed and slobbery babana. Kids are so free. Looks like you really had a great dinner.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why-but this post made me miss you guys!
Considering you probably buy everything for Stephen I would say you are fine in whatever you wear! And as long as you don't wear red and green except on Christmas and red and pink except for Valentines, orange and black except on halloween and yadayadayada you are fine!

Deborama said...

The more obnoxious the better, thats what I always say! Hmm I wonder why no one ever asks my opinion on fashion? You always look good, That picture of the two of you is soooo cute! Stephen looks so good, what a hotty. Maybe its just that he looks a lot like Scott! :) Im so funny, I know right.

Jana said...

Wow - a guy who thinks he can match things. Glad you got your snow. I could do without it. It is so cold today (-11 this morning when I got up although they say it's officially -15)