Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Card 2008


It's Christmas time, so time for the annual Christmas greeting.
I was going to try and make this rhyme, but my head hurts, so here's what ya get....

Stephen's got a new calling in the Stake Young Men's. He's home on Wednesday nights, sometimes, but gone on Sundays, so Korbi gets to take the kids to church by herself a lot. Yep, kids, there's 2 now. Paisley joined us on April 3rd and is the sweetest and cutest baby that you will ever meet. I can say that because I am her mom, but as I am typing this she is mad that I set her down, so I may have change my mind on the sweet part, but she's still pretty darn cute! Beck was in my Spanish 3/4's preschool class, but just recently I kicked him out. We started out with low numbers, so he was coming with me, but now the class has grown uncontrollably, so a child hanging on your leg crying, "Mommy," the whole time doesn't work very well. He actually did okay for an unpotty trained 2 1/2 year old. :) He is busy learning new paragraphs of words to string together and until recently one of his favorite things to say was, "get out of my room right now mom!" (even though we weren't ever really in his room) He loves his cousins and playing with his Lightning McQueen Cars and these little animals that I had when I was growing up. Paisley is very spoiled and as I mentioned before, very cute. She wants to eat what everyone else is eating and is currently trying to push up and get on her knees to start to crawl. She is 8 months old and mostly all smiles. Stephen is working hard still being a financial planner. He loves working with his dad, brothers, and brother-in-law (his mom too!) He still travels quite a bit with work, driving all the time. He went on his annual Harley ride with his brothers and a few friends in September down through southern Utah. I am still teaching my Spanish ¾ preschool class and started doing payroll in May and a little of the books down at the gymnastics center that my sister and I own (me a very small part) Hopefully I am on my way out of doing the payroll, it’s just not my cup of tea and I was only supposed to be doing it for a short time. I am also the new Activity Day Girls leader of the 8 and 9 year olds at church and those girls keep me on my toes. I started sewing and have been pretty crazy with it along with teaching myself how to knit and quilt. Put that with my obsessive picture taking and blogging and I keep pretty busy with a bunch of little hobbies.
We were able to go on a family trip to Mexico in May right after Paisley was born which was a headache to get Paisley’s passport because she was only 4 weeks old when we left. But we had lots of fun once we got there. It was hot and humid and very beautiful. Beck didn’t like the ocean too much, but thought the sand was great and he loved the pool that was at our Hotel. In July we went on another family trip through Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and Oregon. In Wyoming we went to a Sims Family Reunion on a ranch, the Sims are Stephen’s dad’s Uncle Dick and Aunt Charlsie. Beck had his first camp out there and loved it along with the horses and of course, many cousins. After Wyoming we drove all the way to Oregon for the Beck’s Christmas in July where we stayed in some tree houses, yes, tree houses! We had lots of fun and lots of memories.
Make sure to catch up or keep up with us at our blog:
http://ashtonfamily-sarakorbi.blogspot.com/
Thanks for everything everyone always does for us and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I am debating doing the same thing. I know that through our blog we have been able to keep up with so many more people. Merry Christmas to you too...if I get organized enough to mail out cards...I'll get your address!

Crystal said...

Cute family picture!

Kelley Gubler said...

i love that you have josh groban playing on your blog. I love him!

Jess said...

What a great idea to use the blog as the Christmas card! It would have saved A LOT on stamps! :)

Anonymous said...

Mexico is a wonderful place, I have enjoyed my last trip there through Westin.