Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catch up

What can I say? I've been busy. I have been slow on my posting, and definitely slow on my picture taking. The posts that I have done are half thought of and uncommitted, so here's my post for the last little bit of our lives....
This is what happened to Beck like 2 weeks ago. He was trying to jump on Paisley's Jump-a-Roo toy and totally biffed it and cut his lip. By the amount of blood that I first saw I though, "stitches," but then I got him cleaned up and it kind of just bubbled up and looked nasty. By morning it was looking so much better.
Last weekend I went shopping in Spokane with sister-in-laws, Tiffanni, Mary, and my mother-in-law, Ann, to shop for Christmas presents and spend some time together. This was my attempt at a girl's weekend because the brothers take a Harley ride every summer for a week, not to mention the weekend rides that they take. I am not against the rides at all, Stephen has lots of fun and tries to get me to come along some of the times, but it's hard with kids and nursing babies, can't really strap 'em to a bike can ya? So I put together this weekend a while back and hopefully next year more of the sis in laws can come. But anyways before I left I was bound and determined to get up my Christmas decorations and get a tree. This was the day that Beck was sick, so I waited until Stephen was home and borrowed a neighbor's truck, (thanks Dallas and Jessica!) and headed to town to pick out my tree. I cam back with this beauty and was so excited and started ripping open bins and tubs to get my decorations. Beck helped me get the tree straight and tighten the tree stand. This was at about 7 PM and by 3 AM I had everything up and decorated. All my nativities were set up and lights on. Yeah! I could now pack for Spokane...
This was actually the ONLY picture that I took while in Spokane. We shopped seriously from 9AM to 10PM. We arrived Thursday night around 7 PM and went and saw the movie Australia with Nicole Kidman, GREAT SHOW! I was so loving it and excited that I had seen 2 good movies in a row! Twilight and now Australia. Seriously good flick. Then we got to the hotel and crashed and shopped for 2 more days then headed home Saturday night. I got home about 5:30, unpacked then Kortni and I took our Department Heads at AIM out to dinner at Michaels on the Lake. We had a fun time laughing and talking, then we had to race home because my niece, Alizah, had fallen over the banister while with a sitter and long story and 2 days later has a fractured skull, a nasty black eye, and a broken wrist! Yikes! We love her oh so very much and pray that she gets better soon! She is home and just has to be very careful! No fist fights or gymnastics for her for a month! I am still trying to catch up on wrapping presents and am now in the process of stuffing a bunch of envelopes for Stephen's clients, but Paisley fell asleep, so I decided to come and take a break and do a big ol' post. Today at school was our last day before the winter break and Santa Claus came to visit! The kids loved it and Santa did a great job. So here's to a busy December and hopefully me and everyone else taking the time to slow down and smell the pine needles!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Beck's lip looks totally owie :( LOVE the tree you picked!