Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

This year was Paisley's 1st Christmas. We are here in Priest Lake at the cabin with snow, snow, and more snow. The power was out most of the day and we had to revert to the "old ways" with all the kids; no power= no bacon for breakfast, no Playstation or RockBand, no hot showers, no Internet, so yes, you can imagine the day that we had. :) Our Christmas went well and I can't wait to get home and post pictures. Beck got a basketball hoop from Santa with some giant Lego's, and Paisley got a Cabbage Patch doll from Santa. I got some way cute cowboy boots with Brad Paisley tickets! Whoo hoo! I was so excited I almost cried. 5 years ago Stephen and I had our first date at a Brad Paisley concert and now we are headed back with a daughter named after him! I gave Stephen a grill and we had many more favorites; Beck's tractors, Lightning McQueen Mac transporter truck, some embroidery stitch pictures that my mom made that say "I am a child of God" and have Beck's name and Paisley has one with her name on hers with their birth dates as well, an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner for me! (whoo hoo!) a way cute ring, Paisley's button container/toy that my mom made, and a doll that speaks Spanish to her and they got some good looking outfits! (Gotta love clothes!) Stephen got a Playstation 3 game and well the TV and Playstation 3 that he bought just a bit ago. Yep, we got spoiled and I packed up all our toys/presents and can't wait to get home and unpack and find out what we got all over again! Beck is doing great in the potty training and really doesn't have that many accidents. If Paisley isn't being toted around by one of her cousins she is scooting around in her walker and loving all the hard wood floors. She actually got up on her knees yesterday and took a few crawling "steps" today. Wow, am I ready for a crawler? Hmmm... I'll let you know in a week or so. :) So we are busy sledding and eating and playing RockBand and I really am excited when I can post some pictures! We had a great Christmas and are waiting to have an early turn in on New Years'. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT Christmas. The whole power-out thing reminds me of those final days we were in Guate, when we were on the verge of literally dying from boredom. Sounds like your family survived though.

Happy holidays.

Jess said...

Sounds like fun!! Can't wait to see pics. :)

Ashton & Co. said...

your such a baby! It was only off a couple hours! And you didn't even have wet hair that turned fuzzy and I couldn't dry it! :) Im watching you make a blanket on the kitchen floor right now, your such an over achiever! :)

Ashton & Co. said...

opps how did I get signed in under Mic? this is debbie :)

Bethany said...

Merry late Christmas. Man, you totally got spoiled. Jason gave me a big costco sized thing of saran wrap because I'm always running out. It was kind of a joke, but still. He did get me a few other things, but Stephen outdid him for sure. Oh well, I still like him. Anyway, I'm glad you're having a great time at the cabin. call me when you get back into town.

Kortni said...

we miss you!

twylla said...

Christmas what a wonderful time of the year. Families are so important at this special time of the year. Good old Santa sure likes to spread love and kindness and remembr the service to others that we know is the true meaning of christmas. Giving, loving and most of all sharing just our thoughts for others. fHappy Holidays