Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby Boy Quilt

I got paid to make a quilt, yep, you heard me, paid! I know why people open up their own businesses, they get to get paid for doing what they love. I got this material last night from the person who wanted this quilt made;, adorable if you ask me, and stayed up way too late (3 AM!!) putting it all together, I took it apart a few times, but finally just settled on something (at one point it looked like it has German Swastikas in it! Yikes!) and then put it away when all I had left to do was hand stitch the binding onto the back and wash it. The client aka friend was leaving town today and I really wanted her to have it in her hands as she left. I also made 2 burp rags to go with it. Man, it feels good to finish a quilt, not too good to part with it, but the very generous friend made it easier to bare. :)Very busy, maybe I'll call it Chaos.
Man, I really like Spring, I had forgotten how much.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway here.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

That turned out great. I love the fabric.

Alisha Wilkins said...

The quilt turned out great! I hate hand stitching binding on! The rest of the process I am a fan of! :)

Nice work!

Lori said...

Love the quilt!!!!! You are so talented! Wait--is that why you weren't in church?

Korbi said...

I WAS pretty wiped out, but Beck had a sinus infection and pink eye. Figured the nursery leaders and other parents wouldn't be too excited if I dropped him off! :)

Marsha said...

The baby boy quilt is way too cute! I love your quilts, this one is special to my heart. You need to advertise your good works.