Friday, April 10, 2009

I am a wuss (sp?)

Has anyone ever got their teeth whitened? I just did it about noon today and WOW! PAINFUL! The only thing that I can think of right now is how much I would rather give birth..... :) At first I was fine, the whole procedure went pretty painlessly, only discomfort, and then as the day wore on it got worse and worse, to the point that I can barley think! Wow, I am a baby, but let me remind you, I had a baby with no drugs, she was only 7 lbs 7 oz, and yes, many women have done it before me, with much LARGER babies, but I was patting myself on the back when it was over! And now I am crying over a little bleach? I lost track of how many Tylenol I have taken.... Stephen and I attended the temple after my little whitening procedure and then met a 2 bro and sis in laws for dinner at Famous Daves, which was way yummy, and I got laughed at for ordering warm water. The thought of that cold water hitting my teeth sent shivers down my spine. My niece baby sat for us and I came back to happy kids and they slept on the way home, so it was a good day, and I hit a Children's Place Sale and bought some new fabric (yeah, like I needed any!) So other than the shooting pain, like chewing on tin foil, shooting through my teeth, yeah for Friday! Now on to the Easter weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEK! I didn't realize that teeth whitening hurt.

Anonymous said...

Sorry-Was/Is it worth it!? I need to compare smiles...

Jana said...

It was worth the pain if you got to go to Famous Dave's for dinner. Love that place but then I love any good barbeque. Have a fun, safe and Happy Easter.

melanie said...

I second Jake, do you think it's worth it? I hear they can stay sensitive for weeks (really). Keep me updated. :)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

have you ever done the home kits? if you have did your teeth hurt after that? I did the white crest strips once and i didn't notice any sensativity, but my mom tried it and she had to stop after like three days because her teeth were hurting so bad. maybe you just have really sensative teeth, but i hope it goes away!!! I have always wanted to get my teeth whitened!

Lori C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori C. said...

It will get better in a few days. I am a dental hygienist and this is something that some patients feel more than others. Your teeth will remineralize in a short time all on their own! To speed up the process of desensitizing, try fluoride applications or fluoride varnish which you can get from your dentist. This is a frequent problem. They know how to deal with it.

Kortni said...

all i need to say is that sometimes older sisters go through things so that younger sisters learn from their mistakes-BUT to make this true, the younger sister has to LISTEN to the older sis...TOLD YOU SO!! But your teeth are so beautiful!