Monday, April 6, 2009

Sadness

Motherhood has turned me into a pretty tough cookie. I used to be so anal (ok according to Stephen I still am, but so not the point I am getting at) about my things. I used to collect Snow globes and it was the Christmas after Beck was born that he dropped one and it hit another one and they both broke and I rushed to him and scooped him up and didn't even give the snow globes a second thought, well, except to dump them into the trash. Stephen came home and was flabbergasted that I had not bawled uncontrollably for these lost treasures. Because if it was he who had broken them I would have had his head, but I told him that my baby didn't know any better. So fast forward a few years with many broken treasures in between with not so much as a tear shed, I lost it on Saturday. Full on tears of anguish and sadness. I have this Altoid tin/Brag book that I made of Beck's pictures and it holds a pictures from each month of his first year of life. I was just about to finish Paisley's same Altoid tin of all the pictures of her month to month when I remembered that I had washed my diaper bag. I RAN to the dryer and sure enough my treasure was tumble dried and some parts still dripping with her little hand print with ripped fingers, and smeared pictures, yep, I lost it, full out hissy fit, bawling on the floor, crumpled, Stephen thought I had broke my leg.... but nope just a broken heart, so I am starting again.... Bummer deal. I guess I still am anal, but my focus is now on things dealing with my kids. :) And those dang dishes in the sink that mock me....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO SORRY! i don't think that is bad-it is Beck's 1st year!

P.s.
My sink is still clean! Yea to me!

Cassidy said...

Oh man. I'm sorry!!! I have those moments. YOu're aren't anal! Or maybe I just am too. :)

Kathy’s Korner said...

It is amazing how priorities change! Kids just take over! Sorry for your loss.

DIAZ FAMILY said...

That is so sad... I think i would cry too... You do some many cute crafts I need to hand with you more... My kids are going to have nothing of there childhood.... See ya Thursday

DIAZ FAMILY said...

ok that was from me tiff.... i think Stacy was on my computer today and must be under her blog... opps.....

melanie said...

That is so sad. I almost thought you lost both of them. You'll make another amazing one, I know you will.

The Jones Family said...

that honestly is the saddest thing. I bet your heart just dropped. snowglobe....fooweee. keepsakes like that deserve a tizzy fit and then some.

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear that. Kaydree use to watch the video of her first year of life until one day she pushed record and recorded over the entire thing and we didn't realize it. Her first smiles, steps, birthday, swimming...yep I cried and cried...tear tear even now when I think about it! :-(

Jana said...

First of all that's why they have sinks - to store the dirty dishes until you can get them in the dishwasher. Second of all it's OK when mommy's make mistakes. It's only things - although precious - but the kids are healthy and didn't get hurt! (Katelin is still having health problems) And third-you have the real thing right in front of you and she is cuter than any picture.