Friday, April 17, 2009

Gotta Love the Spring!



I don't know what it is about my last few posts, but I can't seem to dwindle down the pictures, I want to include them all! Here is a few of Pais and her "standing." She seems to take a step or two then give up and crawl. Don't get me wrong, I don't really want her to walk, it makes them grow up too fast! The good thing is that now Beck is potty trained and we have to rush to a public restroom when we are out and about, I can stand her up on the floor while I am helping Beck and not have to worry about her falling and crawling around on the bathroom floor. I feel that she probably has taken her "first steps," but I am in denial because none of them are captured and recorded with pictures and video, so I am waiting for when she actually walks 3-4 steps and then I will count that! (cheating, I know) But she seems to not really have an interest in it. She's got pretty strong muscles though and does lots of lunges up and down...
Yesterday, mid afternoon, Beck wanted to take a shower, I stuck him in and ran out to the hall to grab a clean towel and I came back and found that Pais didn't want to miss out and had joined him....I can already tell how girly she is, either that or her obsession with her bottle is really shining through.My poor Beck had been catching something and I was very worried, so after another rough night last night I took him in. He seems to be "ok" during the day, but at night can't sleep, coughs all night and can't really breath very well. The night before he woke up gasping and screaming and it took me quite a bit to get him calmed down. (of course all the screaming woke up Paisley) not to mention the boogers coming out of his eyes sticking them shut! So the verdict is a sinus infection and pink eye. I always associate pink eye with girls camp and dirtiness and I was like ah man, but Dr says that pink eye is just an infection, not usually viral, but yes, sometimes, and it is just his infection in his sinuses that moves over to his eye. He has been much better at taking his medicine and now his eye drops too, my baby boy is growing up. After Stephen got home from work we flew Beck's kite that he has been waiting for the "wind to blow in the trees." and you'd never know that this kid was sick, except for the red eyes of course!I have been kind of in a funk for the past few days. Tired mostly, achy, as Stephen would say, "highly irritable" and as I would say, "then quit irritating me. " But I gotta get my groove back. I feel like I have been busy, flying around, getting ahead of myself, so then I mess up with things, drop the ball, let people down, drop babies..... (yeah, true story! Yikes! sorry again to one of my dearest friends) seems like there is barely time to get the "have tos" and then I am just finished and there is no time for the "want tos." But today after getting back from the Dr and the prescriptions, and the errands, I sat outside and played with my kids, and the few minutes that I just sat there was so nice, then it was sit, dishes, sit, fold laundry, sit, internet for contacts, sit, phone calls, and all I should have done was sit...... lazy, I know, but that's all I wanted to do, but then I think, "when is the laundry gonna get done? the fettucine sauce is burning, gotta shred the chicken, where's Pais? grab the camera and take a picture of Beck." So I vow that tomorrow I am going to sit still for 20 minutes and just watch my kids play outside. I am not going to run in for a quick minute and switch the load of laundry, or run to my ringing phone, or even think of when in the crap I am going to grab a minute to knit! I am just going to sit and watch, now I will not set my sights too high, 20 minutes tops, I don't want to start getting ahead of myself again. :) Because this is why I need to just sit and watch for a few minutes, this baby girl seems like she was born yesterday...and since when did this man I met in the Singles Ward have 2 kids?
and since when did this little guy learn to pout to get me to turn the water back on?Because before I know it, the day is over and they are asleep and yes, I get my break, but I am secretly waiting for when they wake up and we get to do it all over again, well, until I need my break again that is. :

2 comments:

Sommers said...

Good Luck with the 20 minutes!! it's hard for me too. Love to read your creative writing too. Enjoy your 20 minutes tomorrow in the warm weather!!

Cassidy said...

Oh man, this is EXACTLY what I've been thinking myself!! (about me, not you :) ) I feel like life is going to fast and I just want to be with my babies!!